How difficult is it to convert a DS mod to DST? (is it worth it?)

I originally had no intention of converting my Kaji mod to DST. but after posting it, apparently, people really liked it, so I've been re-considering. 

But how hard is it? (I'm sorry you guys probably get this question a lot but I've been searching for a while and I haven't really found an answer.)

How much of the code would I have to change?

I know you have to change up the way you define the player and the world, but what other big changes would I have to make to the code?

I know it depends on what kind of mod it is. Mine just adds a character, an item, and some custom animations and sounds, and a few stategraphs. But I didn't add or change any of the games existing files.

BUT, my character code uses parts of the "beaverness" component. And I've heard that Woodie is completely different in DST, right? Although I could probably find something else to use instead of beaverness if needed. 

I'm not really asking for a tutorial on how to convert my mod to DST, I can handle that. I just want to know how much work it would require and if it's worth it.

Thanks in advance! :grin:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/47353-guide-getting-started-with-modding-dst-and-some-general-tips-for-ds-as-well/#TransitionToDST

If you have coded your character before it shouldn't be too hard to compare it to woodie.lua and other character mods to get it to work. If you understand the code all you need to do is go CTRL+F your way through with Notepad++.

If you want to check how other mods do it I would recommend checking out Tamamo for modes, Luffy for items and Dark Sakura for general stats.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/47353-guide-getting-started-with-modding-dst-and-some-general-tips-for-ds-as-well/#TransitionToDST

If you have coded your character before it shouldn't be too hard to compare it to woodie.lua and other character mods to get it to work. If you understand the code all you need to do is go CTRL+F your way through with Notepad++.

If you want to check how other mods do it I would recommend checking out Tamamo for modes, Luffy for items and Dark Sakura for general stats.

Alright, thank you very much!