Game changed to "Local Only", cannot change it back!

A friend and I have been playing a world that I host, in-game (not dedicated).

Today I was alone, and wanted to play a bit by myself. I have done that before, and the friend is OK with it.

However, I had no internet connection today... and DST decided to turn the world "Local Only" and give me choice of character... a new character, "day 1" in TAB. The base was still there, the items were too, but my main character and inventory was gone.

I didn't want that, so I closed the game. But now I have internet again and I find the game has been changed "Local Only"! What is this? Will I never be able to play online again? My friend will not be happy.

Did it warn me I would change the game type to "Local Only" and never ever be able to revert this world and play online? Why would it even do that?

How do I fix this? I want to play this world online with my friend again - we've gotten through 4 seasons and are ready for the giants now...

Hello. Today i have found a solution to this problem.

Just open ur folder: C:\Users\Username\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\save (Or My Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/Save) and open the archive "saveindex" with a notepad. 

When you open the file, locate the "online_mode=". You will see "false" on world you have played offline. Just change "false" to true. :)

Archived