I do not understand how a guard detected me

Hello to everyone,

Today I had a frustrating situation: I was detected by a guard in a situation where I should not have been detected (if I understand correctly the mechanics of the game).

Can you help me and explain what happened?

Below I will describe the situation where I ended up. I am putting my gameplay video for your reference as well: https://youtu.be/Cx2gq3KyNkg

So, I have three agents: Decker is down, Sharp is hiding in his cloaking rig, and Prism is in ambush. I am surrounded by enemies from all sides. My plan is to knock out the guard coming from the north so that if something will go wrong, at least I have one guard less. The difficulty is set up for +1 alarm on KO.

Here I must note that both squares where Prism is and from where she is going to grab and KO the guard are yellow-lit, hidden from all enemies, so that they will not notice me knocking him out.

But they did. So I tried to explain to myself why it could happen.

The first obvious candidate is the Null drone to the South-West of me, which likes to use his scanner. It did not use it, and even if it did, I'm sure it would have noticed Sharp as well.

The second candidate is the 5th security level, at which they locate one of my agents anyway. But the 5th level started only after they detected me. Besides, they located Sharp, not Prism.

To conclude: either I am missing something, or this is a bug. Could experienced players tell me what really happened?

P.S. I managed somehow to finish this level without losses. I'm so proud.

• Developer

So it looks like the drone can see the guard (cause guards don't use cover) and the guard disappears unexpectedly (melee'd) so it gets an investigation point which it then goes to look at. Like if a guard is watching a doorway and another guard gets attacked going through it. 

And nice work getting through that ;) 

So it looks like the drone can see the guard (cause guards don't use cover) and the guard disappears unexpectedly (melee'd) so it gets an investigation point which it then goes to look at. Like if a guard is watching a doorway and another guard gets attacked going through it. 

And nice work getting through that ;) 

Hi Jason, thank you a lot for the reply

I really used to think that the guards are as clever as me and always stay in the cover :)

Archived