How to move DST Server to other computer?

I have looked up this question on the forums (and google) and am seeing the same answers that do not help me. These answers suggest to check out C:\Users\IUseThisComputer\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\save. After doing so, seeing your servers as survival_1, survival_2 etc. This used to be the case I feel for when the game just came out but I think something has

changed and I would like to see a more updated response. Thanks for your help.

post-682019-0-71166400-1437331565_thumb.

Open up saveindex in a text editor. This lists the data for each save slot in order. It'll have a session identifier in there, some horrible 48989AD9203 type thing. In the session folder, there will be a folder with that name. Copy that over to the new computer, and open up saveindex and copy that entry (or just copy the whole saveindex file, but it might get confused about the other slots).

Open up saveindex in a text editor. This lists the data for each save slot in order. It'll have a session identifier in there, some horrible 48989AD9203 type thing. In the session folder, there will be a folder with that name. Copy that over to the new computer, and open up saveindex and copy that entry (or just copy the whole saveindex file, but it might get confused about the other slots).

Where exactly do I copy the file to the new computer? In what file? Also do I need to copy the saveindex file into the new computers saveindex file whilst deleting all the information pre-existing in the saveindex file? 

Ps. I appreciate the help  :joyous:

• Developer

The easiest way is to copy this file:

Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\save\saveindex

and this folder:

Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\save\session\

to the same path on your new computer.

This will completely replace any saves on your new computer with the ones from your old computer though.

The easiest way is to copy this file:

Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\save\saveindex

and this folder:

Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\save\session\

to the same path on your new computer.

This will completely replace any saves on your new computer with the ones from your old computer though.

I just tried this and it sort of worked. In order for the saves to actually show up on DST, I had to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Archived