Icons for Made-up Programs and Daemons

I'm been really into Invisible Inc. for a good while and after seeing fan art and mods, I wanted to find my own way of creatively connecting with the game. I'm a graphic designer, so I used some of the skills I have there to make some icons for programs and daemons I've invented (apart from Timebomb, that's Cyberboy's). So these are part fan art, part suggestions, all love.

dFyD6tQ.jpg

Timebomb
Created for a mod program that Cyberboy2000 made, Timebomb works like a single turn Parasite.
This was my first attempt at creating an icon that fitted with Klei's designs, kind of tricky as there wasn't a similar icon I could base it on, but it turned out alright.

oFm7wyl.jpg

Axe
Like Dagger and Hammer, this is another big hitter with a cooldown, however this one works in a very different way. This hits devices in an area smaller than Datablast's and halves the firewalls (rounded down), this means early on it may only take 3 firewalls total from 3 devices, but in the later days you could be taking out 9+ firewalls total on 3 devices. The axe in the icon is a little nod to Don't Starve.

hgQJPML.jpg

Fission
Obviously, the idea for this one comes from Fusion, but whereas Fusion is about paying upfront and getting more PWR over a few turns, Fission gives you PWR upfront with a high cooldown cost, but that cooldown gets shorter with every hack. I imagine this working quite well with Axe. I came up with this before Klei unveiled the new 'Root' program, which is quite similar, I guess we both saw a gap in the market!

2b8PGRO.jpg

Cascade
For me, daemons are about introducing an element of chance into the game, something that can spoil your otherwise perfectly planned operation. Cascade's forfeit is simple, it triggers two other daemons on the floor. Hit another Cascade and you'll see why I went with toppling dominos as the icon. Of course, they're not completely brutal, if there are no more daemons on the level then there's nothing to worry about. Definitely would need a limit to how many on a level to avoid a Cascade/Fractal feedback loop! This one's currently being worked out by Caischcer and Cyberboy2000 here.

Hope you guys like them! I might do more in the future but they can take a while.

Archived