Why in all that is holy is this still in non-PVP servers? Public servers are unplayable. Why do we continue to allow some idiot to come in and burn everything you've built for the past 3 hours?

Contrary to unpopular belief, haunting is not all bad, you can turn normal flowers into evil flowers for nightmarefuel, change normal hounds into specials which can drop gems or hounds teeth, and many more applications...

Now as it sounds, the problem is not haunting, but the people who do it. Simply give your server a password so no unauthorized people can get in without your consent. Also, you can reset your game to a previous save, by going to the manage server tab when you host.

Enjoy. :-)

EIDT: Public servers are a bit tricky, more and more people are suggesting that you make or join a game that you know will be inhabited by people you know, or check out some of the servers and/or people who are asking for players here in the forums.

Contrary to unpopular belief, haunting is not all bad, you can turn normal flowers into evil flowers for nightmarefuel, change normal hounds into specials which can drop gems or hounds teeth, and many more applications...

So why not remove the destuctive/firemaking potential then?

What's the point of allowing a haunting ghost to break all your stuff and/or set your whole camp on fire? Why not remove those aspects? They are honestly game-breaking how one person can come in and wreck your whole game. It's not just happened once to me. I've logged over 400 hours into DST, and I've seen it happen dozens of times.

What's the point of allowing a haunting ghost to break all your stuff and/or set your whole camp on fire? Why not remove those aspects? They are honestly game-breaking how one person can come in and wreck your whole game. It's not just happened once to me. I've logged over 400 hours into DST, and I've seen it happen dozens of times.

What do you think would happen if all ghosts do is positive things? what would happen to the gameplay? Ghosts are meant to be random. Now again, "passwords". Passwords are as much a part of the game as ghosts and grievers. Use them. if in public servers...

That is already a given. We are all frustrated about them. You are not alone. Currently, there are no legit ways to deal with "grievers". You could ban them if they do stuff like this again.

Archived