[Crash] - Crash on Incognita screen

Bug Submission:

Category: Crash

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Crash on Incognita screen

Issue Description: I've played three or four games with no problems, but this time around the game crashes whenever I enter the Incognita screen.

Steps to Reproduce: Start new game, Expert mode. Any combination of agents and programs. Begin first level. Hit space bar. Click on program name.

Game goes black, music continues for a bit, then game quits, dialog message indicates that "mdmp" file could not be created. (But it is being created...)

Save file and two example mdmp files attached.

• Developer

Hey Alioth, the save file worked for me. Can you try verifying your game files to see if something got corrupted somehow?

Right click on Invisible, Inc. in Steam and select the LOCAL FILES tab, then click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE.

Cache verified OK.  Obvious next step is to delete the game and redownload, but I don't want to lose all my unlocked characters etc.  Is that stuff all stored in the save file?

• Developer

The game saves on the Steam cloud, so from my understanding, deleting the game locally should be fine. Also you have those documents folder backups of the saves and settings files.

But verifying integrity should also be as good as fresh install. So I'm not sure you need to do that.

Sending us a dxdiag might help determine the problem.

Archived