[Gameplay] - Central, the Last Mission, and too many items = cannot complete Last Mission

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Central, the Last Mission, and too many items = cannot complete Last Mission

Issue Description: So, basically, I wanted to mess around and see what happens if you take Central and Monster to the last mission as your only two agents. I did the run on super easy/quick settings (basically, go to custom, and if changing a setting will make the game easier, do that), just to see what would happen.

I entered the Last Mission with both of their inventories COMPLETELY full. Because of this Central didn't have her Special Mission Item. It was, instead, on the ground.

I played thru the first bit and let Monster hack the first computer ("...fallen for a classic honeypot..."), which went fine. I had Central exploring during this. I then had Monster swing back by the main room to pick up the Special Mission Item. Monster wouldn't pick it up, so I figured that only Central could carry it.

So I moved Central all the way back across the map...and she still couldn't pick it up. I tried from the 4 cardinal directions around the Item as well as from right on top. I tried with 1 inventory slot open, and all inventory slots open (aka I dropped 1 item she was carrying, and then I dropped them all).

So I was like "Huh...that seems bad." But I ran Monster to the end room anyway...and he couldn't interact with the hacked Terminal to open the Big Door. It said he still needed to hack the first computer, even though that was already done and the mission tracker said it was time to open the Big Door.

So yeah, there was nothing I could do so I resigned the campaign (sorry, totally spaced it and didn't even think about the fact you'd want the save file). I am including the save.lua anyway, but I am guessing it's not gana be much help. Sorry.

Hope this helps.

Steps to Reproduce: To reproduce, go to custom campaign, turn all settings to easiest/quickest (so 8 rooms, lowest guards, no alarm ever, in incremental alarm, 24 hour game, etc, etc, etc), play as Monster and Central, and enter the Final Mission with full inventories.

• Developer

Yep, that's a terrible bug. Sorry you had to go through that :(

The item is set not to be droppable, which also makes it impossible to pick up, sadly. This will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks for letting us know about the problem, DragonDai,

No need to be sorry. I was just goofin' around. It wasn't a serious session. I just wanted to make sure that you guys knew about it so that it could get fixed and didn't happen to someone who actually did care about it. Thanks for taking the time time to review the bug :D

Archived