modoverrides.lua - deeper customizing?

Wondering if using the override file only looks in modinfo.lua, or does it effect the mod as a whole?

Example, if I added 

local master_postinit = function(inst)	inst.components.locomotor.walkspeed = (TUNING.WILSON_WALK_SPEED * 1.2)	inst.components.locomotor.runspeed = (TUNING.WILSON_RUN_SPEED * 1.3)end

would i get the wanted change to the run speed of the character mod? The above is pulled from a script in a subdirectory of the mod. Default values were 1.4 and 1.5

or do I need to specify to look in the script.lua?

or is that even possible?

assuming i'm listing the whole portion of code to replace, something like follows?

["workshop-366048578"] = { enabled = true, {local master_postinit = function(inst)	inst.components.locomotor.walkspeed = (TUNING.WILSON_WALK_SPEED * 1.2)	inst.components.locomotor.runspeed = (TUNING.WILSON_RUN_SPEED * 1.3)end,}}

So realistically then the only way to achieve that level of customization on a dedicated server is to rewrite the script, up it to workshop, and force the download via a new mod?

because that just seems highly unethical...

is it possible to do that and make it part of a customized collection?

Well, you can modify some values server side only, like:

AddPrefabPostInit("modcharprefab", function(inst)	inst.components.locomotor:SetExternalSpeedMultiplier(inst, "Speed_Nerf", 1.3 / 1.5)end)

And people wouldn't have to download anything if set to server only.

You can also set it to client only so the mod doesn't appear on the mod list.

Wasn't there a guy with a mod that tried to balance a lot of mod characters?

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/50182-mod-release-mod-optimizations-and-options/

Here. But the steam workshop thing isn't there.

It's a lot to look in to, but it doesn't look like what I'm lookin to do is possible yet on a dedicated server... that or it's gonna take a coding guru to hash it out.

For now I'll just figure out what's comfortable from the mods config override and look in to writing out a server specific mod for the rest.

Character balancing is something to look in to though. Stat customizing is what i'm lookin for but I can live without the extras for now.

Well, you can modify some values server side only, like:

AddPrefabPostInit("modcharprefab", function(inst)	inst.components.locomotor:SetExternalSpeedMultiplier(inst, "Speed_Nerf", 1.3 / 1.5)end)

And people wouldn't have to download anything if set to server only.

You can also set it to client only so the mod doesn't appear on the mod list.

Wasn't there a guy with a mod that tried to balance a lot of mod characters?

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/50182-mod-release-mod-optimizations-and-options/

Here. But the steam workshop thing isn't there.

Yes there was, it's not there because it's classified as against the TOS of the Steam Workshop, even if you use official API.

against the TOS of the Steam Workshop

I can't seem to find the relevant part.

Is it this?

D. Representations and Warranties

You represent and warrant to us that you have sufficient rights in all User Generated Content to grant Valve and other affected parties the licenses described under A. and B. above or in any license terms specific to the applicable Workshop-Enabled App or Workshop page. This includes, without limitation, any kind of intellectual property rights or other proprietary or personal rights affected by or included in the User Generated Content. In particular, with respect to Workshop Contributions, you represent and warrant that the Workshop Contribution was originally created by you (or, with respect to a Workshop Contribution to which others contributed besides you, by you and the other contributors, and in such case that you have the right to submit such Workshop Contribution on behalf of those other contributors).