Players joining are seeing a different day than me?

I'm not sure if this is by design or not, but I started a dedicated server yesterday with a buddy, we played for a bit then logged off.

I decided to hop on today when he wasn't online, I got up to day 18, he decided to come online later. I saw the announcement that he had joined the server, but I couldn't see him anywhere on the map.

We tried disconnecting and reconnecting, it turns out that he's joining and it's putting him at day 10, while I'm on day 18 and the world date is at day 19.

What gives?

I've tried shutting off the server and starting it up again, we both disconnected then He connected first, then I connected, same thing.

I have the server set to pause when it's empty, if that makes a difference.

The server is running on a separate machine on my LAN, When he looks at the server details, it says the world date is day 19.

Am I doing something wrong?

Is there a way to have all the players put on the same day when they join regardless of what day it was when they logged out?

Yes, there's separate counters for players and one global counter for world: day of the world affect season etc, player's personal counter shows how many days he played personally and trigger day-based events like hound attack (personal for every player) etc

But you should both be in same 19th day world and able to meet each other regardless your personal day counters.

And you should be able to see global day when you move cursor to day counter.

Archived