Don't Starve Together Questions

I might be interested in buying this game but I have a few questions. (And yes I did look at the FAQ)

1. When I open up the game will the only way to play it be on a server? Could I just play it singleplayer on my computer without internet like on the normal dont starve

2. I saw some stuff while looking around on these forums about Closed beta access. Could someone explain it to me? Or was that just outdated stuff?

3. I also saw some stuff about people considering adding Rein of Giants to Normal Don't Starve. Could someone give me some info on that please? 

Thank you for reading

1. It's all server based but there's nothing stopping you from making your own server and setting it to private for yourself. It may require an internet connection however since you have to log in, I never tried it though. Unlike normal Don't Starve though, monsters will have more health and such since the game was rebalanced for multiplayer, so it may not be ideal to just be by yourself, the singleplayer game is better for that.

2. Outdated stuff, back when the game was in closed beta. Was just a previous stage of development.

3. Reign of Giants was a large DLC for the normal singleplayer game, it was eventually added to multiplayer as part of the core experience. 

1. It's all server based but there's nothing stopping you from making your own server and setting it to private for yourself. It may require an internet connection however since you have to log in, I never tried it though. Unlike normal Don't Starve though, monsters will have more health and such since the game was rebalanced for multiplayer, so it may not be ideal to just be by yourself, the singleplayer game is better for that.

2. Outdated stuff, back when the game was in closed beta. Was just a previous stage of development.

3. Reign of Giants was a large DLC for the normal singleplayer game, it was eventually added to multiplayer as part of the core experience. 

Thanks for the info :D 

Archived