[General] - Bug Forum Question

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Bug Forum Question

Issue Description: I am unclear to if this forum ever receives help from Klei employees or if it's entirely fan based. I posted a serious problem with my copy of Invisible Inc a week ago, and I have yet to receive any type of help or support. Is there any way I could draw attention to my problem, like sending an email, or posting at a certain time? My game is completely unplayable, and while I understand that problems do occur, It would be nice to receive some sort of response or help. Here is a link to the original post.

(http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/55303-general-game-crashes-upon-start/)

Steps to Reproduce: Post a topic on Klei Forums.

• Developer

Hey Mr Moosetache,

Yep, we are looking at the bugs in this forum. Sorry about the wait. I've just been stuck on your bug so haven't had a good answer for you yet. My hunch at the moment is low memory. Maybe a video card problem?

A DXdiag log might help.

• Developer

Hey no problem, you gave us a log from the game. I'm hoping for system specs like what video card you have.

You computer should have an .exe called dxdiag. Run that and you can save the data to a .txt file which you can post or attach here.

All right, here it is. I tried to attach it as a file the Attach Files tool at the bottom of the text box, but it seems to be acting funny. when I press Attach This File it makes a black rectangle and the button gets stuck on Attach This File. I also can't seem to paste it in the text box, so I will copy it by hand if it doesn't work.

To get it to work, for some reason, I had to attach it as a picture file. Unfortunately, I could only get the first half. If you need the second half I will send it, but I'd prefer not to as It was an immense pain to put it into an image doc, and it seems most of the important information is in what I sent. Sorry for the difficulty, hope you can help me with my issue.

post-663891-0-75834000-1435176003_thumb.

• Developer

Bah, computers sometimes.. such a headache. I'm sorry the attachments were not working right for you. The image was a nice idea, unfortunately, I can't read it well enough :(  May need to be larger resolution or something.

This is a website you can just paste stuff in and then send a link to the content.

http://pastebin.com/

Maybe you can use that to paste your DXdiag into?

• Developer

That worked fine, thanks MrMoosetache. No problem for me. 

It would seem your ram and video card don't meet the minimum requirements. :(  If you're not planning to upgrade, if you got it on Steam, you should be able to get a refund. 

I'm sorry I don't have a better solution to get it to run for you and appreciate the time you took trying to solve it.

That put my mind at ease, at least I know I'll be able to play it someday when I get a better computer. I look forward to the day, in the meantime I'll just have to play more Don't Starve! My thanks to you and the Klei Tech Support!

Archived