Custom campaign - favourite settings?

Can anyone recommend favourite combinations for the custom settings?

I've been playing on expert plus and endless plus, but now that I've managed the achievements, I don't quite want to keep playing with those settings. I enjoyed the added difficulty of no melee when seen, danger zones not shown unless source is seen, and alarm when guards KO. I didn't so much like how the guards can cluster around choke points in linear room arrangements.

The most obvious setting, I guess, would be to have "normal" instead of "more" guards per level. Or perhaps to increase rooms per level to spread out the "more" guards? Has anyone experimented with this?

Or any other suggestions for settings that create an interesting challenge?

Would be adding a timer for each turn be something new you would like to try?

Personally, I would like to try that but feel that I would fail miserably at it (as I typically can take up to 5-10 minutes to plan my strategies when things begin getting hairy).  

What I've been doing lately starting with endless plus settings then turning auto increment off, setting alarm multiplier to 2-3, KO time to -1 or 0, increasing the rooms to 14-16, more consoles, more safes, more daemons. I find this rebalances the game for me to favor stealth instead of taking out every single guard. 

I wish I could have conditional alarm increments or at least auto increment every 2 or 3 turns because no alarm increment in itself is a bit too forgiving. However, the way it forces you to play will ultimately make you learn more about the game. 

By the way, at auto increment 3, blowfish 2.0 sets you at alarm level 6 from the get go, that's fun when there's an FTM scanning device alarming every single guard to your position x-o

Thank you both!

StaypuftMMM, I've played the preset time attack campaign ( = expert settings + 2 min timer, if I remember correctly?). It was a lot easier than I anticipated. Only in the final mission would time occassionally run out. You might be surprised that you don't actually take as long to plan as you assume?

NL6, I'm playing your settings. They're great fun! The pacing of the game changes completely. I keep having to remind myself there's no longer a reason to rush ahead. (Haven't reached day 5 and the blowfish daemon yet.)

It's probably turning off auto increment alarm that has the biggest impact? So, I've also started an endless run with auto increments off, alarm multipiler 5, and KO time 99 (the other settings as in endless plus). I'm rather curious how that turns out once guards start swarming. 

Thank you both!

StaypuftMMM, I've played the preset time attack campaign ( = expert settings + 2 min timer, if I remember correctly?). It was a lot easier than I anticipated. Only in the final mission would time occassionally run out. You might be surprised that you don't actually take as long to plan as you assume?

NL6, I'm playing your settings. They're great fun! The pacing of the game changes completely. I keep having to remind myself there's no longer a reason to rush ahead. (Haven't reached day 5 and the blowfish daemon yet.)

It's probably turning off auto increment alarm that has the biggest impact? So, I've also started an endless run with auto increments off, alarm multipiler 5, and KO time 99 (the other settings as in endless plus). I'm rather curious how that turns out once guards start swarming. 

So the thing about the alarm multiplier that adds a little bit of intrigue to my gameplay is that I usually start with Faust. Faust is somewhat of an equalizer when you turn auto increment off & the alarm multiplier up because there is always a chance of blowfish installing and switching everything up on every turn. I think I've seen blowfish do 1-3 alarm increment increases. The multiplier makes a random blowfish install potentially deadly. This becomes more apparent on FTM maps with scanning devices.

I also increase daemon frequency as well. In order to counter balance this, I have Central on my team to gain PWR & Brimstone for a better chance at reversal. 

So, in essence, I set up my own meta and try to break it. Balance & counterbalance. The custom game rules create a type of sandbox environment, play around & have fun with it :-)

I just wish I could go up against omnicorp in endless after a certain point...

Archived