[MOD] Playable Mobs Mod

Playable Mobs Official How-To-Use Guide

Author's Note:  Development on Playable Mobs has stopped and work is now being done on Playable Mobs 2.  All the information you see below applies to a version or two older than the public release currently available.  Note that the information here will not be updated and do not fully trust this as a source.

Welcome to the guide for the DST Mod, Playable Mobs!  This content list will teach you how everything unique about the mobs, and how to use them.  So, since there's not much else, let's start!

-BEARGER

Health: 6000

Ability 1: Ground Pound

Ability 2: N/A

Ability 3: N/A

Passive: Sheds fur tufts, which can be useful in crafting.

Bearger, being one of the giants, is a rather powerful character.  He doesn't walk around very fast, but can really hurt an enemy using swipes and ground pounds.  Both Ground Pound and and Swipe have an AOE on them, allowing him to take on multiple enemies at once.  Ground Pound can allow you to keep your distance from more intelligent foes (Ex. Anything that kites and other players) while Swipe does more damage.  Ground Pound will also destroy some things in the environment, while Swipe will not.  It is advised if your in a base you don't want to destroy and need to fight, you should use swipes instead of groundpounding.

-BEEFALO

Health: 1000

Ability 1: Shave

Passive: Poos.

Beefalo is a very good tank character if you're willing to take your time with him.  While his damage output isn't insanely high, his faster movement and his ability to aggro other Beefalo on his target allows him to be a very adept fighter.  He can also shave, which I put in as a joke and it does absolutely nothing.  HOWEVER, if another player shaves Beefalo, they will get beefalo wool.  Beefalo also goes into the heat, and it's possible if you allow him to mate (be nearby other Beefalo while in the heat) you can get a Baby Beefalo who will follow you until he grows up.

-BISHOP

Health:900?

Ability 1: N/A

Passive: Shoots lightning as a regular attack.

Bishop is a great offensive character for use in the back lines of combat.  His Lightning Shot allows him to aggro opponents from afar and bait them while other characters can hurt the foe.  Along with that, these Lightning bolts do high amounts of damage, and can be very useful.

-BUNNYMAN

Health:175

Passive: High Regen.

You might think Bunnyman as a weaker version of Pigmen, but you'd be sadly mistaken.  Bunnyman has a good regeneration skill, which will heal every so many seconds for a good portion of his health.  This makes up for his lesser attack damage.  He also moves quickly, allowing him to kite successfully.  He can be a better choice than Pig for players who may get hit more often.

-CHESTER

Health:450

Passive: Cuteness and Extreme Regen

Chester was a very unique character when I made him.  I didn't want him not to be able to defend himself, so I gave him an attack with Wilson's unarmed damage.  It turned out I made a creature that could down Dragonfly in a matter of minutes.  The current Chester deals two attack damage very swiftly, and can easily stunlock mobs.  His High Regen allows him to participate in combat without major setbacks.  Mobs who can be stunlocked are easily killed, allowing Chester for forage for supplies for his friends.

-DEERCLOPS

Health:6000

Ability 1: Taunt

Passive: Freezes foes.

Deerclops was the first mob I fully made playable (second was spider) and available to people on this very fourm.  Deerclops, as you'd expect, excels in combat.  His ability to freeze enemies allows him to fight large groups with little downside.  He's very difficult to take down, and can decimate most who stand in his way.  Also, I have plans for a Deerclops Vs. Survivors gamemode at some point.

-DEPTH WORM

Passive: Can only be hurt during his attack.

Depth worm has a unique playstyle not seen in other mobs.  He can only be hurt during his attack animation, and is otherwise invincible.  His attack is around average for mobs, and with right timing, be an impossible to stop force.  His dirt sounds give away his location though, so be wise!

-DRAGONFLY

Health:6000

Ability 1: Butt Pound

Ability 2: Fire Form

Passive: Starts with 3 lavae eggs.

Dragonfly is a VERY strong mob.  Her fire affinity makes her burn things a lot however, so you need to conscious where you use your fire abilities at.  Melee attacks do a lot of damage, and in Fire Form, they do even more.  Butt Pound works as an AOE attack and sets fire to all around.  Fling-O-Matics will be a bother to you, however, so take fights away from them if they become an issue.

-HOUND

Health:150

Ability 1: Regular Form

Ability 2: Fire Form

Ability 3: Ice Form

Passive: Fast.

Hound acts a a roguelike character in his style.  Quick attacks with kiting make little work of foes, and can easily allow you to take down stronger opponents with enough patience.  Working with other hounds is a viable option, as your teamwork can destroy the strongest of foes.

-GHOST

Health:400

Passive: AOE attack.

Playing as Ghost is all about movement and timing.  Mobs have to be close enough in your range to hurt them, yet they might hurt you then.  Picking out good times to get close to hurt your enemies is a good idea if you want to live.

-KNIGHT

Passive: None, really.

Knight, well, I'm not really sure.  He's pretty basic in terms of combat.  His attack  range is a bit finicky, so you might need to attack a few times before you land a hit.

-KRAMPUS

Health:300

Passive: Fast, deals swift damage.

Krampus is a unique case.  His attack is fast, packs a whallop, and gives him a golden opprotunity to kite.  He's a personal favorite to me, and in no means should be underestimated.  Don't let your guard down should you fight him!

PART 2 COMING SOON.

Edited by Mario384