Some questions about the differences between Experienced and Expert

Hey guys, so I beat Invisible Inc on Beginner yesterday. I went through with mostly no issues, and maybe in hindsight I played it too safe. However, the wordings of the difficulty settings made it seem like first timers should start off at beginner.

Anyways, from there I went straight away to Expert. My first expert run ended on Mission 2, my second run lasted a little longer till Mission 4.

I have a few questions for you guys:

1) Is it normal to lose a few times, before eventually winning on Expert mode? I recall finding Classic on XCOM EU quite difficult, and had to restart a few times before I finally got through to the end. Is this something like that?

2) Do guard AI become smarter as you move up difficulties?

3) And the one that bugs me the most...what exactly are the differences between Experienced and Expert difficulties? Based on the settings, it seems like Rewinds, KO Time and Multiplier are the only differences...is this correct? Or are there some "hidden" differences too?

4) Also, would it be fair to say that the agents you unlock keep getting "better" and more essential to play the game at higher difficulties?

Thanks!

Hey guys, so I beat Invisible Inc on Beginner yesterday. I went through with mostly no issues, and maybe in hindsight I played it too safe. However, the wordings of the difficulty settings made it seem like first timers should start off at beginner.

Anyways, from there I went straight away to Expert. My first expert run ended on Mission 2, my second run lasted a little longer till Mission 4.

I have a few questions for you guys:

1) Is it normal to lose a few times, before eventually winning on Expert mode? I recall finding Classic on XCOM EU quite difficult, and had to restart a few times before I finally got through to the end. Is this something like that?

2) Do guard AI become smarter as you move up difficulties?

3) And the one that bugs me the most...what exactly are the differences between Experienced and Expert difficulties? Based on the settings, it seems like Rewinds, KO Time and Multiplier are the only differences...is this correct? Or are there some "hidden" differences too?

4) Also, would it be fair to say that the agents you unlock keep getting "better" and more essential to play the game at higher difficulties?

Thanks!

Hi!

I just finished Expert yesterday so i can answer your questions:

1) Yes it is normal. At least for me it was. You are probably still learnig a lot of game mechanics in this fase. Expert gets really do-able. The game becomes more unforgiving which results in you trying harder en being more careful. 

2) No, but they get tougher more quickly and they the penalties for killing them or being seen will get higher (especially on expert plus, see my other topic about that). Also their patrol route gets longer (compared to beginner) and will even enter the starting area (in expert plus).

3)I think you summed up the 3 differences. So you are right. The differences between Expert and experienced are quite small. The differences between expert and expert plus are bigger though

4)No. most definately not. Each agent has her/his strength and weaknesses. But you can easily play expertplus with decker and internationale. 

1) Ideally you should lose the game a lot, and every time you should be able to see what you did wrong so you can fix it. This won't matter because you'll still screw up either in the same way or in another way next time.

2) What Costa87 said :-)

3) I believe those are the only differences. I can say that the ONLY differences between the categories is what you see on the screen. IE, if you take a Beginner game and check all the things that are checked in an Expert game, you'll be playing an Expert game (though I think it still reads as "Custom") Guards being knocked out for shorter times is a pretty big deal in the game. As is how much money you pull in on each mission.

4) Every agent (Except Shalem ;)) is not better or worse. They're just different. You can tailor them to your play style or (more fun) pick agents that go AGAINST your play style and try to make it work. It (in addition to the ever present chance of losing at any point) is one of the things that makes this game so replayable.

Archived