Trouble with dedicated server

Hi, I am fairly new to hosting dedicated servers, the problem I am running into is that friends can see my dedicated server but when they try to join it states that the server is not responding. I am able to join it as is anyone on the local area network. I have not set it to LAN mode.

During the server boot I do notice an error in the cmd line window:

AddPortMapping(10999, 10999, 192.168.1.100) failed with code 718

I do not know if this has anything to do with my issue but that error is, as far as I can tell, saying that the port is in use by another client or program. As far as I know, nothing else is using that port and the only IP address with that port forwarded is the one in question.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you for the reply.

There are no duplicate instances of the server running in the task manager. I also forgot to mention I am using the Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server tool in steam to run this.

@Silvais,

your dedicated server though a static IP address?

your static IP address is added in the NAT of the router with the port of your server?

example:

150203051402647288.png

I havn't tried that yet, I will try it tomorrow after work. Thank you for the suggestion.

Archived