New player. Just finished Expert. Is Expert plus worth it?

Hi!

I started playing invisible inc about a week ago. I had some troubles even with beginner difficulty at first but quickly managed to finish the campaign. Took a few days to finish experienced and just today finished the campaign on Expert. 

I haven't played endless mode yet but i am sure to give it a try. 

After finishing expert i am in doubt if i want to take it even further. The differences between expert and expert plus are:

- Less starting power (not a huge deal)

- More guards (That will be tough but still manageable)

- No Melee when seen (Well, i think that is fair)

- Danger zones are hidden unless the source is visible(This one frightens me the most, must i only take internationale? How do you deal with this? The camera cannister?

Can i have some advice from experienced players about expert plus. 

I like playing with Archived Banks and either Sharp or internationale (starting with Monster is a bit too much for me usually). I use fusion and parasite. This tactic takes a lot of time and the main goal is use the econ chip on every console. 

I almost always go for Ko's only... Lethal weapons... are not really my thing. Although i would like to try them some time.  My most used agents are (in order): Banks, Sharp, internationale, dr Xu, Decker, Central, Monster and Shalem.

I beat expert plus campaign and I am trying my might in endless plus right now.

Frankly I can't say I found the game much more difficult than expert (but maybe I just got lucky). Certainly things escalate quickly once you start knocking people out though, it doesn't mean you shouldn't do it, though. I am using an archived Xu right now, who is great in dealing with the problem. You use emp to disable heart monitor and lure enemies to you and you knock them out with no alarm penalty! (you can safely kill guards using the same trick too - but you will still have to pay for bullets and cleanup cost) 

The biggest change is hiding the danger zones. All that really means is that peaking though closed door doesn't guarantee your safety. If you can afford it, the best way is to peak through door and if its clean open door and peak again. If the guard sees the door open you improvise. What I found to be most useful are camera drones. On this level of difficulty I like to hack them as soon as I find one and use it to scout ahead. They are well worth the power cost.

It seems you are still fresh to the game. I would suggest sticking to expert level and experimenting with the game. Different combinations, try different programs. Once you feel comfortable and can reliably win the game, set bar higher.

Not a big fan of parasite. It is useful to have and fine at level 1 but when I start with it my priority is always to get some more immediate programs. Lost once because I stuck with it too long. My new fav combination is seed + Prism. by the time you start draining the power you are at the cap. 

Thats funny that you recommended seed + prism because thats exactly what i used in expert plus just now. It went rather well. I completed 2 missions and then monster offered me a vault card which i bought. Then i started a vault mission only to realize when i was at the vault i forget to equip the vault card i just bought from monster.... that pissed me off and i quit xD

In Experienced mode and expert i used to KO a lot of guards that were "in the way" and pin them or just leave them. In Expert plus i try to remain undetected and distract guards that are "in the way" by sprinting or some other way. Ofcourse i were to play with xu my strategy would be different. But i played Prims + Internationale. I like the wireless emitter + camerhack for scouting

But you are right... When expert plus gets too frustrating on later levels (which it probably will at first) its best to test new strategy's on Expert :)

Thanks for the tips. I always try to hack camera drones and then (after using them as scout) usually try to emp them on a safe spot. I dont want to leave it hanging around. 

I beat expert plus campaign and I am trying my might in endless plus right now.

Frankly I can't say I found the game much more difficult than expert (but maybe I just got lucky). Certainly things escalate quickly once you start knocking people out though, it doesn't mean you shouldn't do it, though. I am using an archived Xu right now, who is great in dealing with the problem. You use emp to disable heart monitor and lure enemies to you and you knock them out with no alarm penalty! (you can safely kill guards using the same trick too - but you will still have to pay for bullets and cleanup cost) 

The biggest change is hiding the danger zones. All that really means is that peaking though closed door doesn't guarantee your safety. If you can afford it, the best way is to peak through door and if its clean open door and peak again. If the guard sees the door open you improvise. What I found to be most useful are camera drones. On this level of difficulty I like to hack them as soon as I find one and use it to scout ahead. They are well worth the power cost.

It seems you are still fresh to the game. I would suggest sticking to expert level and experimenting with the game. Different combinations, try different programs. Once you feel comfortable and can reliably win the game, set bar higher.

Not a big fan of parasite. It is useful to have and fine at level 1 but when I start with it my priority is always to get some more immediate programs. Lost once because I stuck with it too long. My new fav combination is seed + Prism. by the time you start draining the power you are at the cap. 

Do whats fun most importantly. I now do Expert Plus exclusively and do added things to make it more difficult. However I mostly do it to keep things interesting. Play more and you will eventually become better and doing expert plus will be obvious.

Fusion + Parasite is good on campaign. I do Seed + Parasite for endless plus and try to find some more programs quickly.

I think you might be going too late game heavy. Archived Banks, Sharp, and Archived Nika are all late game imo.

It's addiction thing, I tried it only for achievement... 

Hidden danger zones is so hidden, there no way back now)

5 pwr start too (I think it was biggest challenge for me btw, bigger than pulse monitors and others). 

Archived