DST Dedicated Server Socket Issue

I started on a dedicated server today on Linux Desktop (Linux Mint) and everything was going fine, even got the server to boot. Now that I have edited the settings.ini I keep getting the followiing error when trying to start the server:

ModIndex: Load sequence finished successfully.  
Reset() returning
[200] Account Communication Success (6)
[ACCOUNT_ACTION_TOKEN_PURPOSE] Received UserId from TokenPurpose: KU_8-xPN4Hl
Starting Dedicated Server Game  
Network tick rate: U=30(1), D=0
Setting up socket descriptors
Unknown bind__() error -1.
[Error] Server failed to start!
Unhandled exception during server startup: RakNet UDP startup failed: SOCKET_PORT_ALREADY_IN_USE (5)
PushNetworkDisconnectEvent With Reason: "ID_DST_INITIALIZATION_FAILED", reset: false
Details: SOCKET_PORT_ALREADY_IN_USE

Any ideas would be great! Let me know if you need more information. I attached my settings.ini for ref.

settings.ini

Hi @KuperRac,

do you use "iptables" for open your port?

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -d 0/0 -s 0/0 --dport 10999 -j ACCEPT

after that try to see if this port is activated

netstat -an | grep "LISTEN "

the port is also open on your router?

I started on a dedicated server today on Linux Desktop (Linux Mint) and everything was going fine, even got the server to boot. Now that I have edited the settings.ini I keep getting the followiing error when trying to start the server:

ModIndex: Load sequence finished successfully.  

Reset() returning

[200] Account Communication Success (6)

[ACCOUNT_ACTION_TOKEN_PURPOSE] Received UserId from TokenPurpose: KU_8-xPN4Hl

Starting Dedicated Server Game  

Network tick rate: U=30(1), D=0

Setting up socket descriptors

[Error] Server failed to start!

Unhandled exception during server startup: RakNet UDP startup failed: SOCKET_PORT_ALREADY_IN_USE (5)

PushNetworkDisconnectEvent With Reason: "ID_DST_INITIALIZATION_FAILED", reset: false

Details: SOCKET_PORT_ALREADY_IN_USE

Any ideas would be great! Let me know if you need more information. I attached my settings.ini for ref.

According to the last few lines, there's another program occupied the port.

If you're tring to start two (or more) servers in same machine, you have to use different port in each.

If not, use

ps ax|grep -F dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer

to check if there's another server process running and kill it if needed.

Thanks everyone for your input. I tried changeing my port to 10998 and everything seemed to be going well. I was unable to find my own sever on in made on another machine so I tried to close it down. When trying to start it back up I got the same error.

I tried

kuper@Minty ~ $ ps ax|grep -F dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer

as recommended and this is what I got back.

19986 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/SCREEN -S DST /bin/sh -c ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console
19987 pts/6    Ss+    0:00 /bin/sh -c ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console
19988 pts/6    Sl+    2:18 ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console
20284 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/SCREEN -S DST /bin/sh -c ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console
20285 pts/7    Ss+    0:00 /bin/sh -c ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console
20286 pts/7    Sl+    0:04 ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console
20317 pts/2    S+     0:00 grep --colour=auto -F dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer

19986 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/SCREEN -S DST /bin/sh -c ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console

19987 pts/6    Ss+    0:00 /bin/sh -c ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console

19988 pts/6    Sl+    2:18 ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console

20284 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/SCREEN -S DST /bin/sh -c ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console

20285 pts/7    Ss+    0:00 /bin/sh -c ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console

20286 pts/7    Sl+    0:04 ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console

20317 pts/2    S+     0:00 grep --colour=auto -F dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer

Seems you have two servers running at the same time. As these servers do not start with '-conf' argument, I'm wondering are you tried start your server several times?

If you are not going to provide multiple different game server and you are mean to start only one server, kill these process via (have a notice on the numbers)

kill 19986 19987 19988 20284 20285 20286

After killing the server, you can issue another 'ps ax | grep blabla' to ensure processes exited, then try to start your server again.

Archived