Friends can join from server browser but not from invite

This is a bizarre bug.  I've got a dedicated server running on a spare computer.  My friends can see it and join it from the server browser, but if anyone (even me) is already in the server and tries sending an invite to someone else they get the error "Game status is unavailable." when they accept the invite.  Yet, again, they can then just go to the server in the server browser and join with no problems.  Any ideas?

I should point out this server is also hosting an Insurgency server and a Killing Floor 2 server, both of which there are no problems sending invites from.  It's just the Don't Starve Together server showing this oddity.

Just more info as I try to figure this out... I shut down the Insurgency and KF2 servers and then restarted the Don't Starve server, thinking perhaps it wasn't able to bind a port it needed.  Not the case... same problem.  I also had someone send me an invite and I get the same error even though I'm on the same side of my router as the server, which makes me think it's not a port forwarding issue.  I have Windows firewall turned off for the server, just to be sure.  Does a dedicated server need any ports other than 10999 and the default normal Steam ports?

Hi @Lethargus,

do you have open the port 10999 on TCP and UDP on your NAT?

150203051402647288.png

I don't know if this is necessary, but when I opened on the TCP and UDP, it's works for me

also verified that the ports assigned for your spare computer

also try to look at the log of your dedicated server on Windows,

see if you have an error, such as when you start the server, or when a friend joined

Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/log.txt

this might be interesting

I do have 10999 forwarded correctly.  If not, then no one would be able to connect.  And I know I have all default Steam matchmaking, etc ports forwarded as well or the KF2 and Insurgency servers wouldn't work.  Invites work fine for those servers as well.  It's just something with Don't Starve.

The interesting thing is if someone is in game, a friend of theirs can choose "Join game" from the Steam friend interface and it works.  It's only the invites that are failing.

The first thing I did was check for errors in the logs and there are none.

Archived