How do I reinstall (uninstall stall and install again)?

So, my game got stuck in an older version and I dunno how to uninstall and then install again. And if I do, will the mods I had installed stay and the worlds I've made before, will they stay if I reinstall?

You pretty much have to right click the game in your steam library, go to Local Files and Verify Integrity of the game cache and you should have the latest game version afterwards. You could also Delete Local Content and install the game again.

You keep mentioning about these mods you have planned for the game, and yet you do not know about the steps above. I'm just surprised because knowing how to handle the game files and game versions (can't exactly tell how one can get stuck with an older version of the game since Automatic Updates is set to "Always keep this game up to date" by default, unless changed by the user) should be common knowledge unless we're talking about a beginner in modding or to the steam platform.

As far as the mods you have installed and worlds created before getting your game to the latest version, they should all be there afterwards, at least they did for me, but just to be sure I'd backup the Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether folder and the Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\mods folder.

Archived