Long hair impossible?

Hello fellow modders!

I am currently working on a custom character mod and ran into a problem that I can't solve on my own.

It is long hair. So basically I want a female character with long hair. Sounds not much of a problem but I just can't figure it out. The "hair" png files are too small to support long hair so I used "hairpigtails". It works out quite well but there are a few issues that I just can't find a solution for. The "hairpigtail" animation is no good since the angle of the hair changes way too extreme.

post-500421-0-14735500-1431776765_thumb.

post-500421-0-94027500-1431776820_thumb.

Then there is an issue with the side view. One pigtail is sticking out to the front since the game expects a flatter angle of the pigtail. 

post-500421-0-79352400-1431776870_thumb.

I searched for solutions and came across this thread. Sabeku came up with a solution but it seems that it didn't quite work out. Also after what I read there is no way to change the ingame animations. (or is it possible?) Does anyone know a workaround? The only way I see to solve this is making completely new animations for the character. But I am not even sure if this works.

-LesSV

if the pigtails move too much for u, u could integrate the hair into the torso texture.

Thank you for the input! I just tried out your suggestion but the problem is that the torso is overlaying the arms. So the hair separate the arms from the body. I could try to mess around with the z-hierarchy but Sabeku already tried that and it didn't work out.

post-500421-0-74417600-1431854527_thumb.

yeah, dont change anything in the spriterfile, its not the actual spriterfile, but just a workaround to compile custom charactertextures.

and yeah, there are some limitation to the template,

@DerpTime and @Corrosive are working on a tool to change the animations:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/53831-hair-layering-question-about-layers-and-the-animation-system/

otherwise u will have to make some compromises for now.

this is @Fredsons thread:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/53567-long-hair-clipping/

for his thread i tried around a bit, and i actually found the pigtails a good way to handle it and long hair ofc moves around wildly if u run like that, i found that it looked pretty good. and if u use the textures the right way, u can also hide the pigtails showing up in front of the character in the sideview, and just put the hair on the side-torso or something.

Thanks for the response! 

Okay so this seems to be a bit tricky. I think I will go with the hairpigtail solution and try to mess around with the torso/hairpigtail textures a bit.