[General] - InvisibleInc App can't be opened

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Platform: Mac

Issue Title: InvisibleInc App can't be opened

Issue Description: I purchased InvisibleInc from Humble Bundle by following the link on invisibleincgame.com. I downloaded the .dmg installation file, and installed the InvisibleInc application. Whenever I open the application, I receive the following error message:

The application “InvisibleInc.app” can’t be opened.

I am using a 21.5" iMac with a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor and 4GB of system memory, running OSX Yosemite 10.10.3

I have deleted and reinstalled the application, and restarted my computer, without success. I have also changed my Security & Privacy system preferences to "Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere", also without success.

Steps to Reproduce: The game simply does not run after installation. Every time I attempt the start it, I receive the above-mentioned error message.

• Developer

We're looking at the issue. To help us narrow down the cause, it would be great if you could try opening up Terminal and executing 

chmod +x InvisibleInc.app/Contents/MacOS/InvisibleInc

from within the Applications folder.  Try running the game again and see if anything is different.  Thanks!

We're looking at the issue. To help us narrow down the cause, it would be great if you could try opening up Terminal and executing 

chmod +x InvisibleInc.app/Content/MacOS/InvisibleInc

from within the Applications folder.  Try running the game again and see if anything is different.  Thanks!

This did not work at first, until I realized you must have meant "/Contents" not "/Content".

After executing this command from within the Applications folder, I was able to run the game. It works without any issues now. Thank you!

Hi 

I have the same problem. App doesn't open up. I executed given command in the terminal and still nothing :( Can you help? I am on MacBook Pro 13'' Retina, 2.8Ghz Intel Core i7, 16Gb DDR3

Are you running the command from within the Applications directory? After you open the terminal, you should change directory, then execute the command using "Contents" instead of "Content". Like so:

cd /applications

chmod +x InvisibleInc.app/Contents/MacOS/InvisibleInc

This worked for me, so hopefully you will have success.

Archived