[Gameplay] - Guard Shot the Agent without Warning(=saying STOP!)

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Guard Shot the Agent without Warning(=saying STOP!)

Issue Description: 1. The Agent(Central) was at the cover, (I moved a hacked camera drone to indicate where she started moving.)

2. When I moved her to nearest safe(which is hacked now), I expected the guard to act "What was that?" and change his investigation point.(Because Central was moving inside guard's notice area, not Warning area)

3. But, that guard tried to shoot her instead of just changing interest point.

4. Furthermore, There were no warning - which is saying "STOP!" and turning to the agent, giving 1 AP grace time.

version:steam, latest

Steps to Reproduce: Attached save file.

I think there is a way to trace back a savefile, so I won't describe how to reproduce this bug(frankly, I still don't get how that happened.)

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Guard Shot the Agent without Warning(=saying STOP!)

Issue Description: 1. The Agent(Central) was at the cover, (I moved a hacked camera drone to indicate where she started moving.)

2. When I moved her to nearest safe(which is hacked now), I expected the guard to act "What was that?" and change his investigation point.(Because Central was moving inside guard's notice area, not Warning area)

3. But, that guard tried to shoot her instead of just changing interest point.

4. Furthermore, There were no warning - which is saying "STOP!" and turning to the agent, giving 1 AP grace time.

version:steam, latest

Steps to Reproduce: Attached save file.

I think there is a way to trace back a savefile, so I won't describe how to reproduce this bug(frankly, I still don't get how that happened.)

Sorry - forgot to attach save file.(actually, I didn't know I should press "Add to Post" after uploading)

savegame.lua

• Developer

Thanks for the save file! That's always super useful. 

I reviewed your situation, and what happened is that the guard went into overwatch at the end of their turn when they caught central. While on overwatch, guards will shoot any agent without further warning, even in the periphery. Basically this simulates guards looking for moving targets, even from the corner of their eye.

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks for the save file! That's always super useful. 

I reviewed your situation, and what happened is that the guard went into overwatch at the end of their turn when they caught central. While on overwatch, guards will shoot any agent without further warning, even in the periphery. Basically this simulates guards looking for moving targets, even from the corner of their eye.

Hope that makes sense!

Ah, so that was changed from early access? I thought guards are only able to shoot the agent moving from warning area, Thanks.

Archived