My mod character's voice is playing to the whole world?!

I've followed all the criteria, and his voice is 100% audible, but it is TOO audible. You could stand a world away and still hear another person who is playing as him get hit or examine something. Is there a way to make it where the sound only plays to a general area, like the rest of the characters? (Note: I have referred to mods who are able to get it working but I am not sure how they do it. Perhaps it is in the audio files themselves? No idea.)

Help is greatly appreciated, and thanks.

-Dudedude

@Dudedude,

You used FMod yes?  You typically want to apply the "basic3doneshot" template to each of your sounds.  You can set that at the bottom of the properties panel after you click on a sound event.

At minimum, you need to set the properties (these are the defaults from that template):

Mode = 3d

3D position = world relative

3D max distance = 30 <-- change this if you want the sound to cut off closer or farther

3D min distance = 3

@Dudedude,

You used FMod yes?  You typically want to apply the "basic3doneshot" template to each of your sounds.  You can set that at the bottom of the properties panel after you click on a sound event.

At minimum, you need to set the properties (these are the defaults from that template):

Mode = 3d

3D position = world relative

3D max distance = 30 <-- change this if you want the sound to cut off closer or farther

3D min distance = 3

Can you show me a picture of this template? When I scroll down it says "Use template" but when I click on it, it says "no template"....

post-350545-0-68238500-1432351835_thumb.

When I click on the browse icon, what's supposed to pop up, because all it says is "no template"

EDIT: I got the template from an old don't starve tutorial mod... and applied it to mine. Sadly, the voice, for some strange reason, does not play. But everything seems to be in order. It also says template not found when hovering over the locks... what does this mean, and where do I get the actual template?

post-350545-0-41167000-1432352737.png

Also, these are my properties. Is there anything wrong here?

post-350545-0-82730200-1432352947_thumb.

EDIT: Okay, I followed the instructions carefully. However, his voice doesn't even play anymore... why is this? Everything seems to be in order, I put the template in its respective location and the program acknowledges that. Is it something to do with the categories?

Edited by Dudedude

@Dudedude,

Whoops, I meant to reply to this and got that bug where I have to click 'Post' twice for it to actually submit.

IDK why whenever people post screenshots or logs on here, they tend to trim them to only the tiniest slice of data that they think we might want O.o

On the left of the properties panel, your sounds are displayed in the playlist? Do they play successfully when you select them and click the play button?

Was setting the template the only change you made? Or did you also change other information at the same time?

The categories should not matter (AFAIK-- I have not tried using them, I don't think...) They are mostly a way to organize sounds in large projects. The placement in "groups" does, though. Are you using a fresh .fdp to create these or are you using that big ~14Mb one that was provided for people who wanted to replace existing sounds? (Either will work when configured correctly)

What is the sound path you are specifying from within your .lua files? Have you configured any banks on the "Banks" tab of your FMod project?

@Dudedude,

Whoops, I meant to reply to this and got that bug where I have to click 'Post' twice for it to actually submit.

IDK why whenever people post screenshots or logs on here, they tend to trim them to only the tiniest slice of data that they think we might want O.o

On the left of the properties panel, your sounds are displayed in the playlist? Do they play successfully when you select them and click the play button?

Was setting the template the only change you made? Or did you also change other information at the same time?

The categories should not matter (AFAIK-- I have not tried using them, I don't think...) They are mostly a way to organize sounds in large projects. The placement in "groups" does, though. Are you using a fresh .fdp to create these or are you using that big ~14Mb one that was provided for people who wanted to replace existing sounds? (Either will work when configured correctly)

What is the sound path you are specifying from within your .lua files? Have you configured any banks on the "Banks" tab of your FMod project?

So many questions O_o

Well, here's what I can provide you with:

post-350545-0-46911300-1432434914_thumb.

post-350545-0-43190600-1432434912_thumb.

post-350545-0-93487900-1432434909_thumb.

This is everything that I believe you would deem important in the program... can you find anything immediately wrong?

@Dudedude,

NEVER MIND, I FIGURED IT OUT! Gosh I'm stupid..... I put "character" instead of "characters" in the

events tab. Works a charm now, thank you so much for being patient!