[Gameplay] - Game doesn't ask about keeping/wiping early access XP after dismissing prompt with ESC

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Game doesn't ask about keeping/wiping early access XP after dismissing prompt with ESC

Issue Description: The game doesn't prompt the player if they want to wipe their early access XP if they hit ESC instead of clicking an option (wipe or keep). Instead, the game continues to keep the early access XP (presumably, the 'keep' option is essentially 'do nothing').

(Is there a way to get the game to prompt you again? Or a 'reset xp' button in the options?)

Steps to Reproduce: 1. Load into the game for the first time since the update from early access to retail.

2. Attempt to start new game and get the "detected you have an early access save" prompt

3. Instead of choosing an option, hit ESC.

(At this point, the prompt disappears)

4. Attempt to start a new game again, notice the prompt does not reappear

5. When choosing characters (or terminating a campaign session) notice that you have other characters unlocked (or you have more than 0 experience).

• Developer

Hi Zetty,

There's no manual progress reset in the game, but you can do so by deleting your savegame.lua file under Documents/Klei/InvisibleInc/saves.  Be very careful however, as this will clear both your save game slots and your XP progress.

I tried this, however when launching the game, the save reappears.

What I think is happening is that the save file is being re-downloaded through the Steam Cloud, however, even when unchecking "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization" in the Steam properties for the game, the savegame.lua file is repopulated.

(I'm saying 'repopulated' because it looks the same and the file says I have 3830 XP and when starting a new story, I can select more than Decker and Internationale.)

To follow up on this, I found where the prompt happens in state-main-menu.lua and made my own prompt to set my user.data.xp to 0.

(Sorry for the triple posting, I couldn't find an edit button.)

• Developer

Very resourceful Zetty. While I'd like to have a way to reset progress for those wishing to do so, we're focused on getting a clean launch up and going so I don't have a timeline for that at hand.

Glad to see you resolved your issue though. :)

Archived