I have to rediscover the map when I join my server

I always hosted a server, but since my friends were lagging I decided to make it a dedicated server. This was around day 100. Since then, everytime I join my server I have to rediscover the whole map. My friends don't have this problem.

• Developer

I always hosted a server, but since my friends were lagging I decided to make it a dedicated server. This was around day 100. Since then, everytime I join my server I have to rediscover the whole map. My friends don't have this problem.

Because we don't currently have cloud saves enabled for DST, my guess is that when you moved the server from being a hosted server to being a dedicated server, your player data didn't get carried over (because you went from being the host to a client). If you can locate the appropriate session folder and manually move the files over, that should give you your map reveal back.

-conf_dir server

Steam>Libraries>Tools , then right click the dedicated server thing, select properties, click launch options and add "-conf_dir server" to fix the map issue. 

"Server" can be anything, it's just creates a new directory, somehow that fixes the issue. 

Archived