Delete Meteor Spawn?

@XirmiX, Why bother saying something if you have no idea what you're talking about...

@spetu, Meteors are produced by meteorspawner prefabs, which can definitely be removed, as DarkXero showed.

If you don't want to repeat the console command a bunch of times, you almost certainly have fewer than 100 meteorspawners in your world, so you can do this:

for k,v in pairs(TheSim:FindEntities(0,0,0,10000, {"CLASSIFIED"}) do if v.prefab == "meteorspawner" then v:Remove() end end

Edit: Fixed the command. By default meteorspawners are excluded from FindEntities, so you have to force it to look for CLASSIFIED entities.

Edit 2: Orr use DarkXero's one, it's shorter.

@XirmiX, Why bother saying something if you have no idea what you're talking about...

I was making a joke. For all I knew you could not remove them. The spaw places did not seem to me as some sort of items or structures, so I assumed that you cannot remove them. And I do know what I'm talking about; I always know what I'm talking about. It all depends on your interpretation of what I'm saying when it comes to written expressions.

EDIT: omg; I keep writing jot instead of not. Might as well replace the word with jot, or something... >_> jot

@XirmiX, Why bother saying something if you have no idea what you're talking about...

@spetu, Meteors are produced by meteorspawner prefabs, which can definitely be removed, as DarkXero showed.

If you don't want to repeat the console command a bunch of times, you almost certainly have fewer than 100 meteorspawners in your world, so you can do this:

for i = 1,100 do c_find('meteorspawner'):Remove() end

Thanks both of you  DarkXero and rezecib !

I was making a joke. For all I knew you could not remove them. The spaw places did not seem to me as some sort of items or structures, so I assumed that you cannot remove them. And I do know what I'm talking about; I always know what I'm talking about. It all depends on your interpretation of what I'm saying when it comes to written expressions.

EDIT: omg; I keep writing jot instead of not. Might as well replace the word with jot, or something... >_> jot

Making jokes when someones is asking for help is quite pointless, but oh well...

Making jokes when someones is asking for help is quite pointless, but oh well...

Actually, now that I look back at my post on this topic about you asking for help, I wasn't actually joking. I was trying to present to you that your question makes no sense logically. In other words...

You asked a question whether it is or is not possible to despawn meteor spawn points, then making an assumption that it cannot be done and then asking again whether it would be possible. So literally, what you were asking is: "Is this possible, if not the can it still be possible?" Very contradicting and if that is not what you were trying to say, then I would be glad to hear what you actually meant to say in your text.

/\ What I wrote above is what I could've written in the first post. However, it is much simpler to write it as a pun or a joke, which I would assume be simple enough to comprehend, however it doesn't seem to be the case for you or rezecib and probably jbeetle as well.

@XirmiX,

First, let us look here: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anyway

"Anyway: despite something that has been stated before".

Now, let me rephrase you the OP:

Is it possible to completely remove meteor showers from an already created map by console commands?

If not (possible to remove showers via console commands), is it possible in any other way despite it couldn't be done with console commands?

Oh btw, DarkXero, it seems like the command isnt working, im not sure, iv put the command line and used it more than 200 times and still there are meteors falling, i dont know what i can possibly be doing wrong, any tips?

c_find("meteorspawner"):Remove()  

this is the line im typing on console , and when i hit enter heres what i get :

[string "c_find("meteorspawner"):Remove()"]:1 attempt to index a nil value

not sure if its working or not

Yes, my apologies, meteorspawners have the classified tag, so they get excluded from FindEntities by default.

So c_find and c_gonext are useless.

Use this:

for k,v in pairs(Ents) do if v.prefab == "meteorspawner" then v:Remove() end end

Yes, my apologies, meteorspawners have the classified tag, so they get excluded from FindEntities by default.

So c_find and c_gonext are useless.

Use this:

for k,v in pairs(Ents) do if v.prefab == "meteorspawner" then v:Remove() end end

Im really not used to this stuff, sorry for being such a dummy, but if i copy/paste this command line you just sent me >for k,v in pairs(Ents) do if v.prefab == "meteorspawner" then v:Remove() end end<

will it work? , could you be a little bit more clear on what i need to type directly on the console?

c_countprefabs("meteorspawner")

will print "There are X Y in the world". X, the number; Y, the prefab.

And you are not getting the "attemping to do on nil value", that's from the previous commands.

The FOR prints nothing in the log.

Archived