Restoring server list when opting out of RoG beta

• Developer

For people participating in the RoG beta testing, here's how to restore your server list when opting out of beta.

1. Close the game
  2. Opt out of RoG beta testing
  3. Open the text file: \\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\save\saveindex
  4. Add the blue lines*
  5. Make sure the red numbers match
  6. Save and close the file
  7. Restart the game

* Do NOT substitute wilderness or endless for survival in the blue lines!

KLEI     1 return {

slots={
    {
      current_mode="survival",
      modes={ survival={ day=199, world=1 } },
      server={
        description="This is a NON-ROG world!",
        friends_only=false,
        game_mode="survival",
        maxplayers=6,
        name="Vanilla-Land",
        online_mode=true,
        password="",
        pvp=true 
      },
      session_id="00000001AA1AA111",
      world={ day=199
    },
    { server={  }, world={  } },
    { server={  }, world={  } } 
  } 
}

• Developer

@XirmiX,Haha we got rid of that "survival" because it was from DS, e.g. survival, caves, adventure.  It's super confusing and has nothing to do with DST's survival, wilderness, endless modes.

@XirmiX,Haha we got rid of that "survival" because it was from DS, e.g. survival, caves, adventure.  It's super confusing and has nothing to do with DST's survival, wilderness, endless modes.

Question: if I opt out of DST RoG beta, I'll go back to DST Vanilla until RoG is properly implemented into DST, right?

@XirmiX, If other betas have been any indication, you'll just be stuck on whatever the last RoG version was before they merged. And then you opt-out so you can actually see servers again.

Are you suggesting that I will be stuck on RoG beta forever unless I opt out before RoG fully launches on DST?

hi.

sorry i ask in here but topic for version 133344 is closed.

i download from google this version : 133344.

but when i click to play online write this for me:

couldn't connect to steam (scheduled maintenace or connectivity issues

charecters and worlds from online games will be unavailable. play offline?

so now my questation is all players have this error?

or warning?

please answer to me

i download from google this version : 133344.
That sounds like it's not a legal copy of the game... The only way to get a legal version right now is through Steam, which will automatically update it for you. On Steam, I do not have this error. 

Oh wait... ooooh I think I get what this is all about; this is about the Vanilla worlds, right? So this is for when you opt out of RoG beta and you want to continue your old Vanilla worlds, right? But... What will be the point when DST RoG goes full in DST? We won't be able to play our Vanilla worlds anymore, will we?

Also, won't you have to alter the program every time you opt in and out of DST RoG beta? Because ever since I opted into RoG beta, my Vanilla worlds got mixed up along with RoG worlds in the same save files.

EDIT: Nope, @V2C this doesn't work for me. I put in the pieces of program and edited the world number correctly for the Vanilla worlds which I had in the list, opted out of RoG beta, entered the game and my server list is empty.

Archived