Setting up a dedicated server + Lag problems on host server! :)

Hello guys.

First, my english might be bad. So tell me if there's anything you don't understand.

I have two questions.

1. Can I use a physically server as a dedicated server? 

I could imagine yes, since you don't need to play the game on the hosted server, right?
Can I make others to admin, since I won't be able to connect from the hosted server?

I have 60/60 Mbit.

However, few players still have lags. How many players should I be able to play with, with those internet connection?
My CPU are i7-3610QM 2,3 with 16 GB RAM.

I know when someone joins, it lags. But can someone with high ping make all other players cause lag?

And the servers arent THAT stable yet, right?

This page explain how to create your own server with you PC

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Don%E2%80%99t_Starve_Together_Dedicated_Servers

Thanks.

My question wasnt on a PC, but on a server.

If I make a server on a hosted server with no grapic card, I won't be able to play from there.

So my question is, is it possible to make another PC out of the network as Admin?

Thanks.

My question wasnt on a PC, but on a server.

If I make a server on a hosted server with no grapic card, I won't be able to play from there.

So my question is, is it possible to make another PC out of the network as Admin?

Yes

Dedicated servers can be remotely administered through the game client.

The user who generated the server token is automatically granted administrator privileges.

An administrator has the ability to kick and ban users in the game, as well as to execute arbitrary lua on the server.

WARNING: Only grant administrator rights to those who you would trust with full access to your server / machine. We may add a moderator mode with reduced powers in the future.

If you wish to provide administrator to additional users, you need to add an adminlist.txt file to your save directory:

On Windows:

Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/Save/

On Linux:

~/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/Save/

In this directory add the user identifiers for the users you wish to grant admin to. List the KU_’s one per line.

As an admin, you may issue a remote command to your server by doing the following:

connect to the world through the game client

open the developer console (~)

press left CTRL to enter remote execution mode (REMOTE: appears to the left)

The command you enter will be executed on the server, assuming you have sufficient administrator rights

For a full list of console commands, see Don't Starve Together Commands

Archived