[General] - Game Crash Before Startup/Won't Launch

Marni

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: Game Crash Before Startup/Won't Launch

Issue Description: I've installed the game, and it wouldn't launch. Then I uninstalled the game (deleted all local files), reinstalled, and again, it won't launch.

I also refreshed all local steam files (via a suggestion from someone on here) and it still hasn't fixed. I know that the game works on Mac as it works just fine on my boyfriend's computer.

My specs:

Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB

Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)

My log.txt file:

Starting Up

Version: 130891

Don't Starve Together: 130891 OSX_STEAM

Build Date: 2015-03-19_14-34-17

Parsing commandline

Command Line Arguments: -psn_0_319566

Initializing Steam

Steam must be running to play this game (SteamAPI_Init() failed).

Error, Steam failed to initialize, result=1...

The application will now exit

Shutting down

From every account that I see on here, I should be just fine to play - I'm confused. Please help!

Steps to Reproduce: Try to open the game. (Double-clicked icon, right clicked to open, created desktop shortcut, created application shortcut, opened from steam. Nothing worked.)

I deleted Steam (left local files, though) and reinstalled, and now it works.

Still, that's only a workaround for me - I hope it helps other people, too, but I really hope that gets patched.

• Developer

Hi Marni,

I'm glad that you were able to get playing. We were just looking at this issue last week and it looks like it's unfortunately a steam problem, not with DST. For anyone else experiencing this issue, I may have found another solution a bit less severe than uninstalling/reinstalling Steam.

The instructions are here: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/articles/1919324-dst-won-t-launch-on-mac

Archived