some help with sprite alignment

so im new to making mods, ive had the idea for a while, not short after first playing ds but uh

take a look for yaselves cause im getting a headache tryna deal with aligning

http://gyazo.com/881060163d61dd570eb08d419605d589

http://gyazo.com/1b1dd8be674daddf25305af16c4a8b71

http://gyazo.com/ac2d8c4fb96bfbcb945fa81c333ef3a4

i went through some trial and error trying to allign the hair pieces to the head and it looks well and dandy in the first link but when i opened the game to test its just ??? ok hair flying everywhere nbd......

and also, is there any way to get the hair to be behind everything else? its really hard to do this with a character who has long hair, but im willing tbh

thank you!

This question gets asked very, very frequently.  You can't get the hair behind everything else because the z-order of layers is a component of the animation, not the build(the build is the part that you are replacing when you create custom character art).

There is a pigtails layer that you might be able to use, but I have never tried.

Edit: that said, your girl there has a rockin' beard.

There is a pigtails layer that you might be able to use, but I have never tried.

That may have come from me, It didnt work as expected. Corrosive is right, the game puts everything back where it "should" be. There is a way though, I just haven't gotten that far with it yet to tell you the how's. And it's going to be t least a week before I really have time to get it to work. 

That may have come from me, It didnt work as expected. Corrosive is right, the game puts everything back where it "should" be. There is a way though, I just haven't gotten that far with it yet to tell you the how's. And it's going to be t least a week before I really have time to get it to work. 

ohh ok, maybe i should wait then? cause it would be a shame to scrap the idea

ohh ok, maybe i should wait then? cause it would be a shame to scrap the idea

I just dont want to get your hopes up, I had it working not a day ago, then I tried to do some tweaking (I have an ascot on my character, and I wanted to use something that showed that it wasnt just static)

and it seemed to work. until I changed something. I'm very new, so many things for me are trial, error.

Scripting is a nightmare, that I try and face as much as possible on my own (oh but I have some really good help in the learning dept.)

It can work, but it takes alot of patience, alot of integrity, and as always, much learning. 

you cant be a modder without two things

1. learn to overcome the things you arent good at by working through the errors

2. don't be afraid to ask for help, but when you do, provide the best information possible.

I'm not always clear when I post, but when I do, its dos equis. wackawwacka

Archived