[General] - Game Update 129926 - Broken Console Commands

sunzribe

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: Game Update 129926 - Broken Console Commands

Issue Description: Commands entered via Dedicated Server Console and Remote Client are both affected.

Issue likely has to do with changes made to manual server snapshot feature.

Relevant settings in 'settings.ini' I use both before and after 2015-03-12 game update, for my dedicated server.

>>

console_enabled = false

// to deny non-admin clients permission to issue console commands.

enable_snapshots = true

enable_autosaver = true

max_players = 8

server_password = password

game_mode = endless

<<

Total players = 3

As client, used CTRL in Console to enable REMOTE command.

c_shutdown(true) via remote Client works, but other commands do not..

c_reset(true) does not reset the world afresh. It just reloads the same map, and apparently around the same time I issued the command to reset the server. Snapshot feature breaks reset feature?

c_reset(false) also does not even reload to the beginning of the day for same map, but the snapshot point (time of issued command to reset).

Also, this happened during the game night, so each time I issued c_reset (true or false), more of those complimentary night lights for players spawning at night kept filling the world (the last known location of my 2 other friends?)

c_give("item name") doesn't work anymore. Example: c_give("butterfly", 7) doesn't do anything.

c_announce("Thanks for playing friend!") from Dedicated Server console doesn't display anything in the top corner of the game screen anymore, even though it is processed.

Steps to Reproduce: '..nullrenderer.exe' run from PowerShell in Windows 7 x64 system (i7 laptop, 4 gb ram), with -console to enable command inputs from shell.

Hope this helps you debug!

c_reset(true) does not reset the world afresh. It just reloads the same map, and apparently around the same time I issued the command to reset the server. Snapshot feature breaks reset feature?
This was in the patch notes, they separated it out into another command, c_regenerateworld(). 

c_give("item name") doesn't work anymore. Example: c_give("butterfly", 7) doesn't do anything.
I don't know what's going on with your server, but it works for me when I execute it remotely through the client. Executing it through the shell won't do anything unless you've selected a character as a debug entity, as far as I know it's always been this way.

Archived