Teenbird "warcry"

Ran

Oh, one thing that I did want to mention that was specifically relevant to this thread was that teenbirds are really just smallbirds that have a bit of their functionality altered.

Essentially, the smallbird prefab has the "Growable" component.  You can spawn in a smallbird and turn it into a teenbird via console like this:

b = c_spawn("smallbird")b.components.growable.SetStage(2)

You could probably change the timeline too, but you'll need to modify the animation itself.

This.  The timeline events are used to "sync up" things with your animation.  The entire animation gets played regardless of what the timeline events are.

A side note:  I think it was like.... a full month of me reading "animover" before I realized it was "anim over" and not "ani mover."  I can't tell you how simultaneously good and bad it felt to have that epiphany.

I see. Yeah I realized the sounds are able to get cut into size, and the default cries are usually 2 or 3 times the same sound, but with different durations, but I guess the same cannot be said of the animations that go along with it.

Also I wish I had known that way to forcefully grow them a while ago, lol. Although I did try spawning a Smallbird once and it wasn't of much use, cause it didn't recognize me as its "owner". It just ran away from me, even if I tried to feed it. It's kinda funny considering normally there's no such thing as a "wild Smallbird", yet apparently the game allows it.

A side note:  I think it was like.... a full month of me reading "animover" before I realized it was "anim over" and not "ani mover."  I can't tell you how simultaneously good and bad it felt to have that epiphany.

Oh my god.. I'm sorry for laughing but that's hilarious. What exactly would "ani mover" even mean though? Something that moves someone named Ani? xD Or just a weird way of shortening animation?

Also I wish I had known that way to forcefully grow them a while ago, lol. Although I did try spawning a Smallbird once and it wasn't of much use, cause it didn't recognize me as its "owner". It just ran away from me, even if I tried to feed it. It's kinda funny considering normally there's no such thing as a "wild Smallbird", yet apparently the game allows it.

You can set the leader too. (adding onto that code)

b.components.follower:SetLeader(GetPlayer())

Although I did try spawning a Smallbird once and it wasn't of much use, cause it didn't recognize me as its "owner".
b = c_spawn("smallbird")GetPlayer().components.leader:AddFollower(b)b.components.growable.SetStage(2)

d'oh, missed that by a few seconds

Oh my god.. I'm sorry for laughing but that's hilarious. What exactly would "ani mover" even mean though? Something that moves someone named Ani? xD Or just a weird way of shortening animation?

You can set the leader too. (adding onto that code)

b.components.follower:SetLeader(GetPlayer())

I thought to myself "wtf is an ani-mover", "I guess it's just the game moving between animation states", "that seems like a terrible thing to call it"

hah

@Ran You can still get a reference to it through "TheInput:GetWorldEntityUnderMouse()". Open the console, put your mouse over that bird, and type:

b = TheInput:GetWorldEntityUnderMouse()

Then you can access the bird's instance through the "b" variable.

Archived