Multiple Server Error

I have one unmodded server running, today I tried starting a modded server alongside it, followed the instructions, changed directory and port, and when I try to start it this is what I get:

[s_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
CreateBoundSocket: ::bind couldn't find an open port between 27016 and 27016
[Warning] SteamGameServer_Init Failed!

I believe some similar configs include steamport and steamqueryport as optional configs, is this the case or is there another reason for this error?

this is my settings.ini: (REMOVED CONTAINED SERVER KEY)

• Developer

@devster31,

Darn it! It was supposed to "just work" even if the ports were occupied.  I take it that the server does not even start up for you?  I will try to reproduce the issue here.

In the mean time you can configure these "new" ports to something different on each server:

Steam backend for dedicated servers. Steam authentication port defaults to: 8766Steam master server updater port: 27016Ports can be configured through command line by adding: -steam_authentication_port 123456 -steam_master_server_port 123457 or through settings.ini, under the [network] heading steam_authentication_port = 123456 steam_master_server_port  = 123457 

• Developer

@devster31,

Hey, so things are actually working as I expected.    Your server should still be running even though you received that error message.  I will clean up the language to make it more understandable.

We just started adding Steam integration,  and so it doesn't actually stop your server from running.   If you want to future proof your server, add those lines to the config (with ports of your choosing).

Archived