[Gameplay] - bad host while hosting through Game but good host on dedicated.

Kryptkilla

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: bad host while hosting through Game but good host on dedicated.

Issue Description: I've been playing since the Beta release. Got to know the game well. When I ( host ) a server in game everyone has problems connecting with me it shows ( bad host ). I am port-forwarded on 10999 Aswell as all the required steam ports. I run a fast computer with an i7 and Gtx 880 with fast internet Cable 100 down 10 up. This is With No mods activated at 1920x1200. One person joins and it is decent until we start getting established. Then they start rubber banding around the map, lag, Unplayable. Heres where i get confused. If i bring my resolution down to 1366 it improves from bad host to ok host and they do not get lag, we can continue playing. As the town gets bigger it gets worse and worse. I recently got into hosting a dedicated server. I got it up and running, Found it in the server list. ( joined it ) It says ( good host ) and 5 of us where in it all running under 100 Latency. Im not good with the dedicated server and have trouble with activating mods so the convenience of hosting through the game is alot greater. I love this game and do not want to get frustrated like this. Please Fix this so i can host a stable Game through the game itself.

Steps to Reproduce: Hosting a server through the game. ( non dedicated )

• Developer

Hi @Kryptkilla,

From reading your description it would seem the game has more trouble rendering the game than simulating the logic.

You could try running the game with the command line option "-threaded_render" which tries to solve this. Note that the option is still experimental so you may experience bugs (although I know others use it, and so do I).

Let me know if that improves anything?

Hi @Kryptkilla,

From reading your description it would seem the game has more trouble rendering the game than simulating the logic.

You could try running the game with the command line option "-threaded_render" which tries to solve this. Note that the option is still experimental so you may experience bugs (although I know others use it, and so do I).

Let me know if that improves anything?

Command line option, So while im hosting Use the ~ and punch in that ? -threaded_render?

• Developer
So while im hosting Use the ~ and punch in that ?

Ah, no,

In steam you rightclick DontStarveTogether, select  'properties'. Select 'Set Launch Options', and there you enter '-threaded_render' (without the quotes). Now if you launch the game it'll use the threaded renderer.

Archived