Server Token not working on Debian

Hey guys,

I have some trouble launching a DST server on my dedicated server.

I successfully installed it with steamcmd but I can't configure the settings.ini and server_token.

May be you guys can help me.

I included my logs.

As you can see, the server recognised the server_token but doesn't seem to connect to the authentification servers.

Thank you,

Flamby

steam@sd-26350:~/DST/bin$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/steam/lib_DSTsteam@sd-26350:~/DST/bin$ ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrendererStarting UpVersion: 129194Don't Starve Together: 129194 LINUXBuild Date: 2015-03-05_11-21-22Parsing commandlineCommand Line Arguments:THREAD - started 'GAClient' (4139100992)HttpClient::ClientThread::Main()ProfileIndex:10.80Network tick rate: U=15(2), D=0Network tick rate: U=30(1), D=0OnLoadPermissionList: /home/steam/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/save/blocklist.txt (                                                                          Failure)OnLoadPermissionList: /home/steam/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/save/adminlist.txt (                                                                          Failure)Server token retrieved from: server_token.txtcGame::InitializeOnMainThreadRenderer initialize: OkayAnimManager initialize: OkayBuffers initialize: OkaycDontStarveGame::DoGameSpecificInitialize()THREAD - started 'GAClient' (4121934656)HttpClient::ClientThread::Main()THREAD - started 'GAClient' (4131384128)HttpClient::ClientThread::Main()THREAD - started 'GAClient' (4133485376)HttpClient::ClientThread::Main()THREAD - started 'GAClient' (4129282880)HttpClient::ClientThread::Main()FMOD Error: An invalid object handle was used.GameSpecific initialize: OkaycGame::StartPlayingLOADING LUADoLuaFile scripts/main.luaDoLuaFile loading buffer scripts/main.luascripts/main.lua(167,1) running main.lualoaded modindexModIndex: Beginning normal load sequence for dedicated server.FMOD Error: An invalid object handle was used.LOADING LUA SUCCESSPlayerDeaths could not load morguecould not load profileloaded profilebloom_enabled   falseloaded saveindexOnFilesLoaded()OnUpdatePurchaseStateComplete        Unload BECould not unload undefined prefab 0x3edae42e (multitool_axe_pickaxe)(...)Could not unload undefined prefab 0x427b5b39 (shatter)        Unload BE done        Load FE        Load FE: doneModIndex: Load sequence finished successfully.Reset() returningDownloadMods(0)CURL ERROR: connect() timed out![0] Account Failed (6): ""!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your Server Will Not Start !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If you wish to run your server without authenticationOr if you wish to use your server for a LAN gameYou must run it in 'lan mode'Add the command line argument -lanTo generate a server_token from a game client, open consoleopen console with the tilda key (~)Type: TheNet:GenerateServerToken()

Hi @Flamby,

well im on debian and it's works for me, so i can help you

so your servertoken.txt is here right?

/klei/DoNotStarveTogether/server_token.txt

in your server_token.txt look like this?

T*******************************************A

Yep it's in this directory.

It's in this format but there's 2 blank spaces at the end of my server_token.txt .

Do I have to keep them ? or I have to remove them?

Thank you for the quick answer.

Hmmm I tried a clean install with a minimal settings.ini and a new server_token and it worked like a miracle.

I had some special character on my old server_token, now in the new (and working) server_token, there's only letters and numbers, if that helps.

Thank you again :)

Archived