Is there a way to see the body parts?

I wanted to take a look at some of the files from the stock game (wolves,deerclops,etc.) and some objects (miners hat, crockpot). I thought I had figured out how to do that at some point, but misplaced or forgot to add the bookmark, or document how to do that. Does anyone have a link or directions on what I need?

I think I've downloaded every tool out there, so I'm sure I have the means, just not the method.

I know how to look at components and behaviors, etc. I'm more interested in seeing swap files and object art parts

Argh! That's it! I think! In an hour I'll be home

Meaning I'll be looking at both. Another reason I'm doing this is because I'm approaching a wall/writers block with my mod. I have most of all the art done, and the character creations made. So I'm moving to the code portion. Which is my weak point ATM. (I'm sure you've seen my questions all over the place). I honestly couldn't of done it without you all!

Meaning I'll be looking at both. Another reason I'm doing this is because I'm approaching a wall/writers block with my mod. I have most of all the art done, and the character creations made. So I'm moving to the code portion. Which is my weak point ATM. (I'm sure you've seen my questions all over the place). I honestly couldn't of done it without you all!

HA! AND THERE's THE WALL! I seriously need a video tutorial named "Ktools for dummies" I am completely clueless and lost. On Top of that completely intimidated into going into a command prompt window! (i thought the 90's where over! ARGH!)

But the good news is, after skimming through about 6 posts, seems like a tutorial (possibly a video) is needed for matts tools and Ktools. Anyone bored enough to make one?

@RedRock911,

A video tutorial would be wayyyyyy overkill.  I haven't used ktech though. 

As for krane, just put your anim.bin + atlas-0.tex + build.bin into a directory (e.g. make an "export" directory in your krane folder) then do "krane export export" from a command line.

To export images via TEXTool just open TEXTool and open the .tex you want to export then click the save icon.

@RedRock911,

A video tutorial would be wayyyyyy overkill.  I haven't used ktech though. 

As for krane, just put your anim.bin + atlas-0.tex + build.bin into a directory (e.g. make an "export" directory in your krane folder) then do "krane export export" from a command line.

To export images via TEXTool just open TEXTool and open the .tex you want to export then click the savearrow-10x10.png icon.

Ahh, I meant installingarrow-10x10.png krane, isn't it tricky? I'm going to learn how to do this part one way or another dammit!

Are you on Mac?   Installing krane for me is a matter of unzipping the binary.

Win7, but someone had a similiar issue, just trying to figure out the vanishing cmd prompt atm. anyone new to it has had this happen to them, there is an explination for it somewhere, something you have to do for it to work. Just finished installing the other two programs that where needed. Just troubleshooting new guy problems.

Did any of you get the same problem when you first installed ?

The command prompt vanishes because it's a command program.  When the program terminates the console closes.

Open a command prompt(Win+R keys, type in: cmd<enter>), navigate to your krane folder, and do: krane <input folder> <output folder>

Here's a batch file that you can use as a poor-mans GUI for krane:

@echo offset /p location=Location of the directory containing your animation files:@echo onkrane %location% %location%@echo offpause

Create a whateveryouwanttonameit.bat file in your krane folder and paste that in there.

This will output the .scml file and folders to the same directory as the .bin/.tex files, which is fine generally.

Edit:

If you want krane to show you if the resulting .scml is unfaithful to the source animation(eg when Klei is using 2d matrix transforms that .scml doesn't support) you can change the line to:

krane --check-animation-fidelity %location% %location%

sorry, taking basic tutorials on how to do work in cmd. screw letting something as silly as a cmd prompt stop me from making my projects!

---edited! I failed! but a good failure, I navigated to my folders in cmd, messed around a bit with getting info on ktech and krane, and i'm currently inputting wrong commands!!!!

which is good! cause eventually The lord of code will divulge me in the right answer! AND then! I'm writing a tutorial for dummies!

Ok off to work! I'll get back on it once I return. heck, this post is sort of a tutorial isnt it?

I honestly don't know what exactly is the barrier you're encountering -- krane is incredibly straightforward!

TTarep1.png

You don't need to use ktech.  Unless you are aiming for an automated process, you can use TEXTool which is effectively the same thing with a GUI interface.

I honestly don't know what exactly is the barrier you're encountering -- krane is incredibly straightforward!

TTarep1.png

You don't need to use ktech. Unless you are aiming for an automated process, you can use TEXTool which is effectively the same thing with a GUI interface.

I think I was misinforming, I'm wanting Krane to look into bin files. I'm almost to the point at figuring out how to do that. The barrier is a knowledge base. And working in cmd. It's so funny how the easiest things are difficult when you don't know how to do it. But once you break that knowledge barrier, it's the easiest thing in the world. It's just my first time using that particular tool. It's the initial set up that I'm having problems with. But I ran out of time this morning to finish up the instructions on the page.

The hold up is, I think I just unzipped Krane and k tools and expected it to work. But I fiddled with the command prompt this a.m., but wasn't really able to do anything with it (have to work today). This afternoon I'll be able to tell everyone the results when I get them, and what I did wrong to begin with, if anything for new molders not to make the same mistakes.

@RedRock911,

This is what I did, it seems it wants to work. However I received an error messagearrow-10x10.png saying that there was no input files. 

Any idea of what i forgot to do?

Lift Off! at some point I deleted the anim file. And yes......it was THAT EASY! Phew. Only lost 3 days to my mod progression. Any takers wanting to help me catch up?

This was me for the last 48 hours. 

post-568384-0-70880400-1425766550_thumb.

Archived