Not Showing the Server List

Hello Everyone, 

I'm hoping someone can help me with my situation. I bought Don't Starve Together Beta earlier today, and I have the problem of not being able to see any servers that are up, no matter how many times I smash the refresh button. I am able to start my own server and have other people join, but I myself am unable to see/join any other server. I've tried deleting the local content to restart the game, even though I have the recent update of the game. Nothing seems to work, and if anyone can help me with this situation I'd be greatly appreciative. 

Sincerely,

bivdog

@GrayBane, Next time you have problems with the game, go to the Bug Tracker instead :p

But hmm... If you could upload or copy-paste your log.txt (preferably in a pastebin or spoiler tag or something), that might be helpful. You can find it in Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/log.txt (assuming you're using Windows-- on that topic, what OS are you using?).

Have you tried messing with firewall/antivirus settings? Earlier on a lot of people found they had to completely uninstall Comodo, for example, before it would work. I haven't seen a report of that in a while, though, so it might be fixed now, but it's worth a shot.

@GrayBane, Next time you have problems with the game, go to the Bug Tracker instead :razz:

But hmm... If you could upload or copy-paste your log.txt (preferably in a pastebin or spoiler tag or something), that might be helpful. You can find it in Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/log.txt (assuming you're using Windows-- on that topic, what OS are you using?).

Have you tried messing with firewall/antivirus settings? Earlier on a lot of people found they had to completely uninstall Comodo, for example, before it would work. I haven't seen a report of that in a while, though, so it might be fixed now, but it's worth a shot.

I'm actually using a Macbook OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), and my Firewall is off (has been) and I don't run A/V.  I've attached my log file, in this log file it's basically only the new data, meaning I from me starting the game and then attempting to refresh the server list.  Inside the log you'll notice some focus gained/lost events where I flipped back and forth between the game and Terminal.  Looking at the log seems to indicate that it's getting the list but it might be a display issue with the software (see log entries below):

Downloaded server listings - full: 1564 filtered: 1075

Downloaded server listings - full: 1564 filtered: 1077

Thanks for all the help so far.

DoNotStrveTogetherLog.txt

@GrayBane, Hmm, so that means it definitely is seeing servers, but they must not be showing up because of a filter. Does resetting the filters with the little round arrow button top-left do anything? You can also try turning off the version check (which should make you see a huge list of servers in red, due to a version mismatch). You're clearly on the right version (127906), but there was at least one other case where someone was on the right version and the game kept insisting other servers were a different version.

@GrayBane, Hmm, so that means it definitely is seeing servers, but they must not be showing up because of a filter. Does resetting the filters with the little round arrow button top-left do anything? You can also try turning off the version check (which should make you see a huge list of servers in red, due to a version mismatch). You're clearly on the right version (127906), but there was at least one other case where someone was on the right version and the game kept insisting other servers were a different version.

Resetting the filters seemed to work, didn't see that coming.  Originally all the filters were pretty much 'Any' and 'Yes".  I'll take it though, thanks for all the effort on this topic.

Archived