Dedicated Server & Mods Question/Issues

Hello,

I am currently hosting a dedicated DST server hosted on a Windows Server 2012 R2 host. The server is hosted via SteamCMD and it is via an anonymous login. 

The server itself is running fine so I decided to look in to Mods. 

I have configured several mods in the file C:\SteamCMD\DST\mods\dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua

ServerModSetup("345692228")ServerModSetup("347079953")ServerModSetup("373991022")ServerModSetup("358749986")

I did NOT configure them to be Forced as the new dedicated_mods file explicitly says to not enable Force and to enable in the In Game Menu.

Question: Once these mods are setup, installed and detected in the \mods\ folder on my server how do you enable them on the client side? When I join the server, the mods are not enabled. When I go to the Main Menu -> Mods -> nothing is listed. Am I just misunderstanding the whole process here, that even though the Mods are installed on the server, they still need to be enabled on client side. 

Example: MiniMapHud is enabled on server, it also needs to be 'subscribed' to on my client system. 

Any assistance is greatly appreciated and would be happy to give more details, log files, or setup files to help resolve. 

You're almost there.  One more file is needed.  Boilerplate is below.  Let me know if anything needs clarification:

modoverrides.lua - will determine what mods your server(s) enables.  Modoverrides.lua should be placed in each server instance's own folder. For example (Windows):

Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/modoverrides.lua

Documents/Klei/Server02/modoverrides.lua

Within the modoverrides.lua file you enable your chosen mods.  Mods not explicitly enabled will be disabled for that server.

Should you need it, syntax and more details for modoverrides.lua (and server mods in general) file can be found on the Wiki:

http://dont-starve-g...ed_Servers#Mods

Thank you for clearing up my confusion! 

I created the recommended modoverrides.lua file in \Documents\Klei\DontStarveTogether\ root folder, rebooted my server, tested login and all the mods I wanted enabled are now working as expected.

Thank you so much for the assistance.

-Nader

Archived