Extreme Workaround for Invalid Token

So, I had all the same issues as the rest of you:  

./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl-gnutls.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Solved by what G4E said:

ln -s libcurl.so.4 /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4

...to which led me to E_Invalid_Token, even though I copied my token from my Windows home laptop which I threw DST onto.

After much back-and-forth hair pulling, I opted to go into my Linux box, 

1.  Rename  /root/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether  to  /root/.klei/DoNotStarveTogetherBackup   #just in case2.  Use FileZilla to transfer  C:\Users\David\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether  to    /root/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether3.  Open up /root/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/save   -  delete survival_1

After that, either of these commands worked:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/dst_lib ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrendererbash -c 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/dst_lib ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -conf_dir DoNotStarveTogether'

Ran it once to create a new world, shut it down, and edited /root/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/settings.ini

Change pause_when_empty = false  to  pause_when_empty = true

Finally, it is all ready to play and works on a virtualized box.

...Hrm, one issue now:  The clock is still ticking with no one but "Good Host" logged in even though pause_when_empty is set to true.

I'm still getting the same error "./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl-gnutls.so.4" after following the steps provided up above.

I'm currently on Debian 6 64bit, any help would be appreciated.

Also wanted to note that i'm still a new Linux user, please bare with me.

No I don't have it installed, I tried everything to my knowledge on the forums and it still isn't being installed.

I can assure this because when I do ldd ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer it says i'm missing libcurl-gnutls.so.4.

Also, thanks for helping me out, if you think it's easier to help me through Steam let me know, i'll add you!

Archived