Seasonal foods

I have been checking on different recipes that can be used in crock pot and some of them, quite honestly surprised me! For example, Ice cream can be cooked via ice, honey and BUTTER (which isn't that rare if you find a good way of killing butterflies, like trapping catcoons with flowers around them) and restored 50 health! From what I know, that's one of the best food items in the game (Mandrake soup being first and Waffles being second, I think)! This topic is RoG based and looking at what each food does, how it is presented and how it suits the season, I split the foods in season categories. I know people just make meatballs most of the time as it's recipe is the most generic, even if in terms of cooked foods in general it isn't so generic (I think). But all in all, this isn't just advice, but also suggestion for people to try to make different types of crock pot recipes based on season, but most importantly, this is just for fun (remember this is the Crock pot cooked items. Not all of them are included, like Wet goop. These are also just recommendations, not that I'm asking everyone to use these during the specific seasons):

Summer food items (Best if you gather tons of ice during Winter and/or Spring and keep them in Ice box. I'd suggest collect at least 100 ice before summer. Cactus flowers only grow during Summer. While the heat might take away from you a lot of health, but for your luck Flowers grow on cactuses, letting you make a good health item like that of Ice Cream, however is easier to come by at):

* Melonsicle

* Ice Cream (Best health food item in this category)

* Flower Salad

* Fruit Medley

* Guacamole

Total = 5

Autumn food items (Pumpkin Cookies give you a reminder of the fall's most famous holiday. Trail mix is possible to make in Autumn with still being able to replant the Birchtrees. Unagi requires some Ruin exploration, and Autumn is the calmest season to go down there for. There are reasons why I put a lot of these other foods in Autumn category, however it would probably take me a while to explain, so this is how it is):

* Trail Mix

* Pumpkin Cookies

* Unagi

* Taffy

* Kabobs

* Spicy Chilly

* Honey Ham

* Waffles (Best heath food item in this category)

* Fist Full of Jam

* Froggle Bunwich

* Fishsticks

Total = 11

Winter food items (When nothing grows and you might be in trouble of not starving throughout the Winter, having a bird cage with a bird and any sorts of meat is a priority. Giving any kind of meat (except raw monster meat, but that's easy to deal with) to the bird will give you eggs, which could be used for some of the food items listed below or the meats could just be cooked for getting meat food items, which in touch situation would require only meat or such. Your world is quite big, so even then, it would be possible to get a few mushrooms or grab some berries which can still grow in caves during Winter):

* Turkey Dinner

* Meatballs

* Meaty stew

* Bacon and eggs

* Pierogi (Best health food item in this category)

Total = 5

Spring food items (Spring time is good for frog leg kind of items (as you might encounter Frog rain), as well as vegetable types due to rain and stuff growing quicker (probably). Use them for cooking these food items, and in critical situation might as well make the mandrake soup (added it to this season without a particular reason):

* Ratatouile

* Fish Tacos

* Stuffed Eggplant

* Mandrake Soup (Best health food item in this category)

* Honey Nuggets

* Butter Muffin

* Dragonpie

Total = 7

Ice Cream (Best health food item in this category)

No, ice cream heals 0HP and flower salad like 50HP.(But it's good for sanity)

I don't think meatballs should be limited to any special season.

They're just very basic and an important food at the beginning of

the game. They also don't fit with winter(I know 4 morsels make sense too),

because you normally make them with 1 meat+3 vegetables/berries.

But I actually like your idea, especially beacuse there's so much new

food in RoG.

No, ice cream heals 0HP and flower salad like 50HP.(But it's good for sanity)

I don't think meatballs should be limited to any special season.

They're just very basic and an important food at the beginning of

the game. They also don't fit with winter(I know 4 morsels make sense too),

because you normally make them with 1 meat+3 vegetables/berries.

But I actually like your idea, especially beacuse there's so much new

food in RoG.

Oh, sorry, I was doing this for like an hour and because of the amount of crock pot foods that there are, as you can see, I have made an error XD

Archived