Having some issues on linux

On your screenshot, you forgot to put the && between :

cd /home/dontstarve/SERVER/bin && screen -S "CraftalDST" bash -c 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/dst_lib ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer'

Issue was that I had not installed libcurl4-gnutls-dev:i386. The first link referred to SteamCMD tutorial. SO I had assumed I had done everything when I completed that. So I forgot to add libcurl. It started now. Also at that run I had indeed forgotten to delete the cd part.

All I need to do now for it to work is copy the generated ID file. Thanks for the help :-)

I removed the paused when noone online, restarted the server and it worked. Added it again after that and now it works just fine. Thank you for the help everyone. Really appreciated.

EDIT: Also wondered if there is a way to only let your steam friends join, like in the normal version. Other than password proecting it.

If you add this line in the [network] section of your settings.ini :

friends_only = true

The server is reported as friends only on the list of servers http://my.jacklul.com/dstservers/

I haven't test it in game though. So there is maybe a good reason why this line is not documented on the wiki ;)

EDIT :

I tried to play with some friends, it seems to work well.

Archived