[need help] custom lighter for custom character

hey there, i was working on a custom lighter which uses willows lighter as the template,but when i replaced my textures and made it lock to my character i found 2 problems...

while the lighter works, it still shows the original texture in the inventory slot and it's still called "willow's lighter".

the lighter is using the correct texture when held in the characters hand, so its only the name and inventory texture that has to be fixed.

do anybody know what i have to do?

you need to change the names in the prefab mostly, also make sure to change most of its sources for where it gets its data. sounds should be fine though. and for the name issue, you should make a few lines in your modmain stating the name and description. here bro:

GLOBAL.STRINGS.NAMES.YOURPREFABNAMEHEREINCAPS = "Name here also!"GLOBAL.STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.YOURPREFABNAMEHERINCAPS = "what it says when examined!"GLOBAL.STRINGS.RECIPE_DESC.YOURPREFABNAMEHEREINCAPS = "This is for a crafting recipe, and this is what it states below it."

hoped this helps. i assume you made your own art for the lighter. you should go and look at a mod with a handslot equippable item so that you can use that format instead of the lighter :D

Archived