Lore discussion/Idea (potential for spoilers.)

So, I'm making this topic under a few assumptions or with a few, hearsay ideas behind it, but I wanted to ask this lore related question/idea.

It has been suggested that DST takes place 'after' the main game of Don't Starve, which, the only 'story' to the main game of don't starve is Adventure Mode, where in the player character survives 5 challenges laid out by Maxwell. My question/idea is, who is the character that actually beats the chestmaster? As it has been implied that Maxwell will eventually be available, and he himself MUST be free'd if this is post Don't Starve (as releasing him from the nightmare throne is how you 'beat' the game.) Who does that leave sitting on the Nightmare Throne though?

Clearly it can't be Wilson, he's the one who built the Wilson's Door (Jerry-Rigged-Portal.) That summons the other characters to his realm, which I personally think his intentions were to be pulled out of... wherever it is they are.

inside the portal we see the Silhouettes of Wendy, Wes?, and Wolfgang?, with Wendy and Wolfgang already being playable, alongside Wilson (already mentioned), Wickerbottom, Willow, and WX-78, which implies it is not they who sit on the throne, as they're here. The Absolutely unmentioned characters are Webber, Woody, and Wigfrid. Webber and Wigfrid are DLC characters, so their current lack of mention makes sense, as RoG content hasn't been really integrated in yet, and sometimes DLC things do screwy stuff in relation to Canon, but what about poor Woody?

Now it's been made plenty obvious from a technical standpoint that Woody hasn't really been looked over on the account of Beaver is a nightmare to code with net in mind, which is a big part of why he isn't even modded in yet, but is it entirely out of the question that the Canadian with a talking Axe and turns into a giant beaver monster is the true victor of Maxwell's game of chess?

Iunno, food for thought from a bored man with a little too much time on his hands.

(this also still lines up with the theory of Wilson's Door/The Jury Rigged Portal being a resurrection device and not necessarily a portal, as the person sitting on the nightmare throne isn't dead, so there's nothing to resurrect.)

Charlie... the night monster replaces Maxwell...

Or not...

if we remember the last puzzle, the word... (spelling escapes me...) that means... magician(?) was seen crossed-out...

Since Maxwell was a stage performer -- more precisely a Magician, and the word for magician was crossed-out, then it could mean that "They" could have "removed" the "magician" from the "throne" as a suitable "ruler/puppet-master-that-is-also-a-puppet-himself" of the "World" due to his failure in entertaining them/success in "overpowering" them/will to live and get free...

Now, not being able to directly meddle with Wilson and the other "puppets" (for some reason), they choose another serve as the ruler... and who better than Charlie...

When they were both pulled in by the Codex Umbra, into the "World", Maxwell became the Puppet Master, (most probably due to his powers that enable him to resist the nightmares... as mentioned about how the Ancient Guardian became what it is today), Charlie on the other hand, had no such power and was thus susceptible to "Their" influences... and turned her into the GRUE, or Night Monster...

The night monster, having lost her free-will, became a killing machine used by "Them"... a sort of assassin that could only materialize in complete darkness...

She could very well be the next (unwilling) puppet master. She's the only one left...

...But I think she'll also become unlockable through the same process as Maxwell :?:

:hypnotized: 

Archived