Daemons, Daemons everywhere!

Hi again,

First of all: I know the game is (and should!) be designed around story mode (although i expect the story to be somewhat longer than she is right now). But on day 3 (and beyond - in endless mode), i've experienced that the majority of all mainframe devices seems to be protected by security daemons.

So as far as i could figure out there are only three ways to really get along with that:

1. deal with it (and soak up all the daemons)

2. Use Hunter (but 5 power AND 3 turn cooldown make it really really expensive)

3. Avoid many mainframe devices from the start

Of course you can sometimes try to work around a bit. For safes and drones, a well placed emp can do the job just as good (and so does Dr. Xu) But still i've been to the situation quite often now, that i end up eating more daemons than planned and finding myself in really really uncomfortable situations.

Daemon Sniffer sounds decent as well, but only warns you after all - and cannot help you against a really nasty daemon which you have to take. Daemon+Hunter would be awesome, but would take 2 of the 5 incognita slots alone - which is way to much i guess. Maybe another buster chip with long cooldown (or power cost) which can destroy daemons would be sweet. Or make the daemon reboot one turn longer than the device? (So you could emp it and hack it just in time when it comes back up?) Well, i think Klei probably has some ideas already, but this thread is not for new suggestions, but about what is already possible :)

Anyway, i'm asking the forum: How do you deal with the daemon plague in (or near) the endgame? Or what is your favorite way to get around them? (given you get all the equipment you want)

I like to use Sniffer and adjust strategy to minimize troubles (if there is non-avoidable Siphon, I'll spend PWR before activation; if Rubiks, Fractal or Paradox, hack as much as possible befor; make safes clean before Authority etc) if it's not "Validate", everything fine)

also like to use Taurus

I like to use Sniffer and adjust strategy to minimize troubles (if there is non-avoidable Siphon, I'll spend PWR before activation; if Rubiks, Fractal or Paradox, hack as much as possible befor; make safes clean before Authority etc) if it's not "Validate", everything fine)

also like to use Taurus

Maybe Sniffer is the more elegant way after all. Some daemons are hardly a problem and for some others you can initiate countermeasures before eating them. Hunter just removes the daemon, yes, but for a huge price...

But even though i've played II for about 30 hours now, i've never found "Taurus". Mind to explain, what it does? :)

Taurus is best. For 2 power you can move daemons from one device to a random one. Warning when all the remaining devices have daemons you cannot move it anymore. Best used on maps with sound bugs - but still gets job done. Think about it if you get Dr. on your team, you don't need to ever open safes with Incognita. Also don't spam power on all cameras before level 1 of alarm, some will reactivate and results in a waste of power, just pop the ones that directly block your way (ie: if you hack cameras database, no point to hack the cameras on the other side of the map as you won't get there any time soon).

Archived