Few suggestions:)

Hello!

First of all I must say that "Don't Starve" is absolutely fantastic and addictive game! Great job, idea and lots of potential upgrades.

My ideas for the game at the momment:

1. Most of the people I know playing like to make a base camp, where they have most of their stuff. We definitely need PALISADE WALLS to protect our land:)

2. Another idea is a DEFENSIVE HOUND or wolf we could tame so it could protect our camp and for example bark when some danger approaches:)

3. We need some kind of MULE or other animal that can carry our stuff on trips.

4. We need more FARMING POSSIBILITIES like hens, maybe cows??

5. But Mainly there should be more diversity to the land we visit and some goals for trips. We need to go on adventures to gather some rare materials protected by dangerous monsters. The more possible research ideas and materials they need to be done the better. So we need to leave our camp and go for trip to find and get some rare materials.

6. More MONSTERS and WEAPONS (Bow is a great idea).

7. Many people talked about weather conditions and temperature meter in order to survive. This is a great idea.

8. Let us build SHELTERS like simple home, so we could survive in bad weather conditions. That weather idea can be moved forward to possibility to get sick and heal by some special herb recepture.

That are only few ideas that would spice up the game. I hope that developers know the potential that game has and will use it to make a very extended game. I know that the starting project was probably to make a simple game, but I think it woluld be a hit game (and selling game) if it will be able to force player to spend more time in the game.

Please devs consider at least some of the ideas mentioned. Good luck and thank you for your hard work:)

sampol

1. Most of the people I know playing like to make a base camp, where they have most of their stuff. We definitely need PALISADE WALLS to protect our land:)

Well you may be surprised to hear this, but the Devs want to discourage players from creating massive base camp fortresses. This is primary due to the players then localizing their habits to that immediate area as they have few reasons to travel far away from it. On the flip side, the Devs did confirm that there are plans to at some point allow players to build walls. So odds are this is coming, but first the Devs need to fix the AI pathfinding (you may have noticed how easy it is to get creatures "stuck" on things, like the edge of an island).

2. Another idea is a DEFENSIVE HOUND or wolf we could tame so it could protect our camp and for example bark when some danger approaches:)

If you're interested in this topic, you may want to check out this suggestion thread:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?3570-Taming-the-Beast

3. We need some kind of MULE or other animal that can carry our stuff on trips.

Yes, a similar suggestion was made in the past, only replace "mule" with "beefalo". The idea was to either tame the beefalo and turn it into a mount (/w saddle) or into a pack animal that carried a chest on its back. Of course these are all player suggestions. :)

4. We need more FARMING POSSIBILITIES like hens, maybe cows??

Nah, why add Minecraft animals when we can have more unique animals? How about taming the beefalo? I'm sure they have milk.

5. But Mainly there should be more diversity to the land we visit and some goals for trips. We need to go on adventures to gather some rare materials protected by dangerous monsters. The more possible research ideas and materials they need to be done the better. So we need to leave our camp and go for trip to find and get some rare materials.

This is a common request which is summed up as: more new content. If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them.

6. More MONSTERS and WEAPONS (Bow is a great idea).

Again, feel free to post suggestions for new monsters. Me, I prefer the idea of adding unique monsters to the game rather than the typical mythological monsters seen in dozens of other games. As for the bow, yup, this is a popular suggestion and one I support.

7. Many people talked about weather conditions and temperature meter in order to survive. This is a great idea.

Weather is another popular suggestion, and again, another idea I support. The general list of weathers include: rainstorms, thunderstorms, fog, snowstorms, and blizzards. A unique weather event that was suggested was a tornado. As for temperature, I know some users have made suggestions, but my personal preference has to do with Winter, namely that during Winter if the player is either not near a fire (equal to its light radius at night, or based on its size) or wearing a beefalo coat (or "winter hat"... as shown in the latest update) the player loses 1 Health per second to the cold.

8. Let us build SHELTERS like simple home, so we could survive in bad weather conditions. That weather idea can be moved forward to possibility to get sick and heal by some special herb recepture.

This is a prickly topic, since there are those players who want homes/cottages/cabins and those who see it as "too much". Me? I used to want a full house that players could construct in parts (similar to Project Zomboid, which let you build sections of a house, like a wall, floor, stairs, door, or window... and then place them to form a house you build piece by piece), but now I'm all for a simpler solution, like a lean-to to help you stay out of the rain and keep your camp fire dry.

As for sickness, that's also been mentioned by a few players. To date the only effect I support is nausea caused by eating rotten meat, which in turn means I support the suggestion of food rotting.

Anyway, keep on making suggestions. :)