[Gameplay] - Shadow creature bugs.

serpent

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: Shadow creature bugs.

Issue Description: Hi there, have played DST for some while now, and it is kind of greatly debugged luckily :).

However the shadow creatures are kind of a mess at the moment i think.

Crawler/Terrorbeak:

When you're insane enough, and you can attack them, hits sometimes dont land and they turn into the normal gray when there is i think a sane person in game. They can however still hurt you while you can not for a hit. This makes fighting them really long and hard.

Their spawnrate as well is massive. I had 39 sanity with wickerbottom (around the cap) and 3 crawlers spawned near instantly. I do not know if this is intended, but with the above it is not really something you want to do with just 2 persons in game.

Than i got back sane (around 80), and they followed me for another day before turning back into the normal shades. This happened for a friend as well who than died because he was not expecting it lol.

Than the shadow hands.

They just float at a set place, you can step on them and they will wiggle like crazy. But most of the time they will not disappear or take your fire.

The ambient shadows are a bit cheezy with floating at them as a ghost at night lol, a friend told me one of them is just a square.

This may not be a bug, and kinda hilarious, but its well, yeah... :p

Anyway, other than some other minor bugs i will post later DST has been a great experience so far for me! Keep up the good work :D

Steps to Reproduce: -Have more players in game

-Go insane :-P

Than i got back sane (around 80), and they followed me for another day before turning back into the normal shades. This happened for a friend as well who than died because he was not expecting it lol.

Than the shadow hands.

They just float at a set place, you can step on them and they will wiggle like crazy. But most of the time they will not disappear or take your fire.

The shadows attacking after you are sane is a bug in the single player games as well. 

I don't remember seeing shadow hands in DST yet. They don't take fire yet either.

This gives me an idea.

Suggestion: A 5-10% chance that Crawler/Terrorbeak will retreat back to their own dimension if they discover you can hurt them back, such as with magical weapons.  Those who retreat will not attack again until the next night if you are still insane. 

Archived