No Dont Starve Together on Linux

Hi,

I was really eagerly looking forward to DST ("Summer 2014!!!!").   I was a little sad to see that I had to buy DST in order to get it, but you guys deserve the extra cash considering the hundreds, if not thousands, of hours I put into it. I found out after purchase, though, that it doesn't seem to turn on steam on PCs with linux.

Is there a plan to to deal with Linux yet?

DST didn't get a confirmed release date for people to play. But even though they did say Summer, 2014 they didn't know when it'd be available for playability. And buying DST is for the Beta, not the fully game (Which was confirmed to be sometime in Spring). Also, Linux Support is coming on Linux sometime soon. They've said both Linux Support and Mac Support are in the works. But Linux Support might be earlier than Mac Support (but don't take my word since I don't work at Klei) because Dedicated Servers run on Linux Machines.

But Linux Support might be earlier than Mac Support (but don't take my word since I don't work at Klei) because Dedicated Servers run on Linux Machines.

My understanding is that Linux support is already done, as their dedicated servers run on Linux, but that the Mac team is having some issues. So they're probably delaying the Linux release in order to release it together with Mac.

I might be wrong, though. Klei is being purposefully obtuse on this to avoid giving false expectations and to reserve themselves the right to shift schedules, but this is what I believe to be the case based on the info they did put out.

Archived