Feedback after a few days playing

Hello everybody and especially the devs,

I do own the game via Steam on a Win7 system. After playing it for a few days I'd like to give feedback:

- even in beta stage the game is already worth the money I paid for it, it can only get better

- the things I enjoyed the most were the initial exploring and finding out the game mechanics, when everything was new to me

- I also enjoy the distinct art style, it very much reminds me of Chas Addams

- I consider the game to be of very casual nature, more like a "live in this world" experience than a real challenge

- Even though I have not looked into the game tips, I come to the point now where I am running out of content to explore, so I see my interest in the game dwindling over the next few days

- I did not like the way the save games are handled, as it is now only one person can play a character for a given time, until this character dies and then the next person can start a game. This is no problem for me, but it must be a nightmare for a family with multiple kids...

My ideas:

- I believe that the only way to keep people playing the game over a longer period of time, and still buying it in a year or beyond, is the release of additional content over time. As far as I understand you guys are already doing this

- From my experience the games which really lasted way beyond their release were the ones with a thriving modding scene, Rome Total War or Medieval 2 Total War comes to my mind. Perhaps a long time goal could be the release of some easy to use modding tools that allow players to create content, which is then shared with other players, maybe over the Steam Workshop. This "guided" modding could allow the creation of new content, without allowing to stray too far from the games distinctive art style and charm

Final statement:

- I like the game and I hope it will sell well so you guys can make more stuff in the future

- I believe that the only way to keep people playing the game over a longer period of time, and still buying it in a year or beyond, is the release of additional content over time. As far as I understand you guys are already doing this

Correct. So that's something you can look forward too.

- From my experience the games which really lasted way beyond their release were the ones with a thriving modding scene, Rome Total War or Medieval 2 Total War comes to my mind. Perhaps a long time goal could be the release of some easy to use modding tools that allow players to create content, which is then shared with other players, maybe over the Steam Workshop. This "guided" modding could allow the creation of new content, without allowing to stray too far from the games distinctive art style and charm

Other players have inquired about modding, and this may be a point of concern. My only information on this topic is about a month old, when the Devs explained that the game is not very mod-friendly, and at best players might expect the ability to build custom maps. However content, like monsters and AI scripting may be beyond the Devs ability to "open up" in a way that we can edit or add to it.