Invisible Character

I've been following tutorials and templates and what not to make my custom character. I got everything in the menus to work like portraits, icons, save icons, etc. But when I start the game, my character is just invisible and I cannot for my life figure it out. Is there any solution to this? It's my 3rd day working on this same mod and I'm getting defeated.

post-526654-0-21905300-1419411522_thumb.

so you are modding for DST. imma need the log from donotstarvetogether.

edit: you should honestly try to make a character for base game Dont Starve before making one for DST. honestly, it makes the log easier as the code isnt fully set yet. if you are porting, than you should try to figure out what to do before trying to port it. i have no idea what is wrong with your character, but i assume it has something to do with you using the old template and editing right over it. doing this will display all of the art you saw, not just what you added. the template shows you regions, and you should use a layer system and make it on a seperate layer, otherwise you will lose all of your progress. i hope you know fully of how to make a character, otherwise you may need more indepth knowledge. here is a tutorial for base dont starve:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/46849-tutorial-using-extended-sample-character-template/

this tutorial is for the extended character template. this uses the dont starve mod tools and spriter. follow this, and making characters from now on should be much easier. sorry if i couldnt help you much, but DST is still in beta and most of the log isnt about modding or files, its mostly about networking. so it would be good to have a fully made character complete for single player made before you attempt to make one for DST. porting a character is much easier than making a DST character from scratch. have fun :D

Edited by WitchDoctEr16

edit: you should honestly try to make a character for base game Dont Starve before making one for DST. honestly, it makes the log easier as the code isnt fully set yet. if you are porting, than you should try to figure out what to do before trying to port it. i have no idea what is wrong with your character, but i assume it has something to do with you using the old template and editing right over it. doing this will display all of the art you saw, not just what you added. the template shows you regions, and you should use a layer system and make it on a seperate layer, otherwise you will lose all of your progress. i hope you know fully of how to make a character, otherwise you may need more indepth knowledge. here is a tutorial for base dont starve:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/46849-tutorial-using-extended-sample-character-template/

this tutorial is for the extended character template. this uses the dont starve mod tools and spriter. follow this, and making characters from now on should be much easier. sorry if i couldnt help you much, but DST is still in beta and most of the log isnt about modding or files, its mostly about networking. so it would be good to have a fully made character complete for single player made before you attempt to make one for DST. porting a character is much easier than making a DST character from scratch. have fun :grin:

Interesting! I used one of the workshop mods for dst called "Creighton" as the template since I thought it would be easier using that as it already works fine online. Everything seems to work EXCEPT this part here where he's all jumbled up textures. I replaced all the tex. Just not sure what happened up in the anim folder. :/

this tutorial is for the extended character template. this uses the dont starve mod tools and spriter. follow this, and making characters from now on should be much easier. sorry if i couldnt help you much, but DST is still in beta and most of the log isnt about modding or files, its mostly about networking. so it would be good to have a fully made character complete for single player made before you attempt to make one for DST. porting a character is much easier than making a DST character from scratch. have fun :grin:

Interesting! I used one of the workshop mods for dst called "Creighton" as the template since I thought it would be easier using that as it already works fine online. Everything seems to work EXCEPT this part here where he's all jumbled up textures. I replaced all the tex. Just not sure what happened up in the anim folder. :/

you may need to take a look at the anim folder, as a build is tailored to the atlas. if you change the build, it will do things like this. did you rename everything okay? you may want to find the default sample character and use that anim folder instead. this should fix your buggy character graphics. dont forget to rename the build.

hey i was trying to work the creighton char for DST and i cant seem to use it at all...everytime it goes to the char selection screen the moment i try to scroll to creighton it freezes and crashes the game...any way i can do about to fix this issue?